America is in a fluid state, however, people are asserting their worth
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
A Philadelphia Starbucks made the mistake and brought racial profiling into their store in a punitive manner. The two gentlemen who were maligned and arrested by the police were polite, but like the freedom fighters of the sixties who asserted their worth at the Woolworth counter in Greensboro, North Carolina, they stood their ground likely to make a point.
And then there are our teachers. Not to be denied, teachers asserting their worth throughout the country is gaining momentum. Mainstream media are timidly avoiding giving these strikes too much press. They probably figure the school year is almost done. Their corporate masters don’t want to glamorize these burgeoning labor heroes. After all, these teachers may be a catalyst to start right-taxing the corporate slackers who continue to benefit from welfare by another name.
From the Newsfeed
Occupy.com: Follow their 10-part series on public banking and economic justice. “The free market has failed as a governing paradigm of material life. Whatever the case for local markets in their specific context, large-scale competition and hierarchy are destructive, trauma-inducing conditions for people and the planet. For centuries, people have pushed back against those competitive and hierarchical models, advocating and experimenting with more cooperative and ecologically holistic economic visions. One of those visions is financial democracy: public or community control of the financial system itself. Recognizing that the generation and value of money are artificial, and that how we pay for things is fundamentally a political question, advocates of financial democracy see banking – the power to lend money and to create value through the act of lending – as an enormous power. Such power should be democratic, not autocratic. Subject to democratic control and administration, where the body politic is committed to egalitarianism and sustainability, banking could do great public good. Public banks can help save the planet from apocalyptic climate change by financing a quick post-carbon transition. They can guarantee employment in communities, facilitate the payment of dividends directly to citizens as a form of universal basic income, and ensure that state and municipal budgets are always healthy.”
ThinkProgress: Colorado teachers joined others across the country in demanding more education funding and higher teacher pay on Monday. About 400 Colorado teachers decided not to come into school to attend a rally at the Capitol and lobby lawmakers. Teachers want higher salaries, more education funding, and reforms to the state pension system. According to a recent Colorado Education Association (CEA) survey of more than 2,200 members, teachers spend $656 on average for school supplies and snacks for kids. Teachers sometimes cover students’ field trips and school lunches. “I’ve taught for over 34 years and it’s getting worse instead of better. We spend more and more of our own money to do things,” Poudre School District teacher Charlie McNamee told KDVR. Englewood school district cancelled Monday classes since 150 teachers said they weren’t coming into school. Teachers have also planned walk-ins in other areas of the state to draw attention to the lack of resources in many Colorado schools.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.
- Mehdi Hasan has a message to Democrats over Biden’s sinking polls: Calm down! Here is what to do!
- KUDOS to Rep Jayapal saying that challenging misdeeds by the Israeli government isn’t antisemitic.
- Stephanopoulos slams Scalise for CBO doubletalk on funding Israel vs IRS agents auditing tax cheats.
- What’s the connection between the onset of global warming & an increase in violent human behavior?
- What’s the latest, greatest, and greenest today in countertop materials, flooring, paint, and appliances?