Amazing that Lula seems to be what Evangelicals should be representing
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we start the show with Dr. Hollis Phelps, Assistant Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies at Mercer University in Macon Georgia who wrote the article “Maybe It’s Time to Admit that the ‘Grotesque Caricature’ of White Evangelicals is the Reality” that we covered in the Blog of Week on Friday’s show. He could not appear on Friday but we have him today.
After Professor Hollis, we will proceed to today’s blog of the week. We discuss the travesty in Brazil as the same Plutocracy that ousted President Dilma Rousseff, jailed former President and current presidential frontrunner Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, for fear of the certainty that the Left would return to power.
We do not follow foreign events as we should in America. Many times they represent realities that will be our own if do not understand and learn from dynamics occurring in other countries which we are falling prey to as well.
From the Newsfeed
Salon: Responding to Chauncey DeVega, Pulitzer-winning reporter David Cay Johnston said the following. “Let me be very clear and quotable about this. At an absolute minimum, Donald Trump has divided loyalties, and the evidence we already have suggests that Donald Trump is a traitor. In fact, I would say that the evidence we already have, the public materials such as emails for example, strongly indicate that Donald Trump is a traitor. However, I don’t even think he understands what he’s done.”
HuffPost: Travis Reinking, the 29-year-old suspected of killing four people Sunday in a shooting at a Waffle House in Nashville, Tennessee, is in police custody. The Metro Nashville Police Department announced in a tweet on Monday that Reinking had been arrested about a mile and a half from the Waffle House, ending a manhunt that began shortly after the shooting early Sunday. Reinking is suspected of opening fire in the restaurant with an AR-15. He faces multiple counts of criminal homicide.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- BINGO! Pete Buttigieg is the best Biden spokesperson. He knocks out the Biden age question, then …
- Biden gives the appropriate Trump-like answer on blame for inflation on his Jobs Report victory lap.
- Great jobs report too good for the workers. Another POC murdered by cop. Ilhan Omar double standard
- Rep. Ilhan Omar’s defiant speech before being voted off the Foreign Affairs committee by MAGA GOP
- Our personal economic success depends on unchaining our minds from what we have learned.
- Caller hangs up after I destroyed his defense of inhumane oil companies; a meaningful argument.
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.