It is time for thinking outside of the box for both guns and jobs
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today I will cover two subjects. The first is about out gun policy and how its implementation based on privilege kills. I want to tackle the notion of who the mass killers are and why.
The second issue I will cover is Bernie Sanders proposal to guarantee every single American a job. We will cover that starting with the blog of the week.
Are these two issues connected? A case could be made that many of our problems would be mitigated by solving these two issues among some other important ones.
From the Newsfeed
CBSNews: NASHVILLE — A judge has revoked the $2 million bond that had been set for Waffle House shooting suspect Travis Reinking, prosecutors confirm to CBS affiliate WTVF. The move came after community outcry over the bond set Monday for the suspect, who is accused of killing four people and wounding four others in a shooting rampage at the Nashville-area restaurant early Sunday. Reinking, 29, was taken into custody Monday after a citizen tip, ending a 24-hour manhunt involving more than 160 law enforcement officers. He was arrested in a wooded area not far from his apartment complex and the crime scene. Reinking was formally charged late Monday with four counts of criminal homicide and was ordered held on the $2 million bond, court records show. Additional charges may also be considered, WTVF reports. A motive remains unclear, but questions remain about official responses to months of Reinking’s bizarre behavior before the restaurant attack, including encounters with police in Illinois and Colorado and an arrest at the White House that raised red flags.
Daily Kos: Golfing while black becomes the latest reason to call police officers on black people. Earlier this month, after two black men were arrested at a Starbucks in Philadelphia for waiting while black, Starbucks decided to close its stores nationwide on May 29 for an implicit bias training. While this may seem like a responsive approach, it is unlikely to bring about change on its own. This is because while Starbucks may take the steps to begin helping its employees confront their irrational fear of black people, it does nothing to change the larger culture we’ve been socialized in—which not only supports but foments racial bias. As Damon Young from The Root points out, it is America that needs to close for a racial bias training.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Jake Tapper calls out 2 Republicans as liars & says violent insurrection now associated with GOP
- Tiffany Cross calls out Megyn Kelly’s attack on Naomi Osaka and a pattern of attacking Black Women.
- Angry racial-slur-obscenity-shouting Right-Winger called Progressive talk show host. Friends now?
- Ali Velshi urges Dems to disregard media pundits: Wrong then & now! Go hard on Jan 6th investigation
- Fox News’ Doocy’s question proved he’s ignorant of policy & science. Jen Psaki made him pay.
- Cincinnati Mayor: Ohio GOP passed largest Defund The Police ever. It’s Biden funding middle America.
- Rachel Maddow exasperated that the Republican 2024 frontrunner is a criminal surrounded by criminals.
- Liz Cheney supports Pelosi’s removal of Republicans & says McCarthy unqualified to be Speaker
- A disgusted Jen Psaki destroys reporter on vaccine dis-info, in effect, put up your data or shut up
- Rep. Ro Khanna justifiably slams the new billionaire space travel. Let’s end our gullibility!
- Day of Rage: How Trump Supporters Took the U.S. Capitol | Visual Investigations
- Congressman: “Donald Trump is a very dumb man. He could not have done this on his own.” EXACTLY!
- Why the Virgin Galactic “space” flight made me irate
- An inconvenient truth about Republican vs. Democratic legislation. Sen. Tim Kaine is right.
- Did CNN’s Dana Bash scold the Republican Senator? Tell Right-Wing Media to stop the misinformation.
- Democrats leaning into the progressive message. Victory will follow. Slam how-to-pay-for-it message!
- WH Reporter’s SILLY question gets a great answer from Jen Psaki: “The data speaks for itself.”
- Psaki slams Fox News Doocy: Our biggest concern should be yours too, how many people are dying.
- Sen. Tim Kaine uses McConnell’s attack to perfectly frame a winning Democratic message. EPIC!
- My rant on Cuba that too many would rather not hear but need to for our own sake.