It is time for thinking outside of the box for both guns and jobs
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today I will cover two subjects. The first is about out gun policy and how its implementation based on privilege kills. I want to tackle the notion of who the mass killers are and why.
The second issue I will cover is Bernie Sanders proposal to guarantee every single American a job. We will cover that starting with the blog of the week.
Are these two issues connected? A case could be made that many of our problems would be mitigated by solving these two issues among some other important ones.
From the Newsfeed
CBSNews: NASHVILLE — A judge has revoked the $2 million bond that had been set for Waffle House shooting suspect Travis Reinking, prosecutors confirm to CBS affiliate WTVF. The move came after community outcry over the bond set Monday for the suspect, who is accused of killing four people and wounding four others in a shooting rampage at the Nashville-area restaurant early Sunday. Reinking, 29, was taken into custody Monday after a citizen tip, ending a 24-hour manhunt involving more than 160 law enforcement officers. He was arrested in a wooded area not far from his apartment complex and the crime scene. Reinking was formally charged late Monday with four counts of criminal homicide and was ordered held on the $2 million bond, court records show. Additional charges may also be considered, WTVF reports. A motive remains unclear, but questions remain about official responses to months of Reinking’s bizarre behavior before the restaurant attack, including encounters with police in Illinois and Colorado and an arrest at the White House that raised red flags.
Daily Kos: Golfing while black becomes the latest reason to call police officers on black people. Earlier this month, after two black men were arrested at a Starbucks in Philadelphia for waiting while black, Starbucks decided to close its stores nationwide on May 29 for an implicit bias training. While this may seem like a responsive approach, it is unlikely to bring about change on its own. This is because while Starbucks may take the steps to begin helping its employees confront their irrational fear of black people, it does nothing to change the larger culture we’ve been socialized in—which not only supports but foments racial bias. As Damon Young from The Root points out, it is America that needs to close for a racial bias training.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Elizabeth Warren has a message to Democrats seeking the mythical center.
- Princeton Professor on Obama-Buttigieg policies beyond identity “Same ol’, same ol'”
- What is the Degrowth movement all about and how can I get involved?
- Bragging McConnell & Hannity laugh at how he stopped Obama judge appointments
- Corporate Media using Labour Party defeat to smear progressives.
- Here’s a needed positive message that should be applied to so many issues.
- Make the stock market record highs and low unemployment Trump’s failure.
- Stock Market booming. Unemployment low. Yet there’s another sad reality for most.
- Watch Congressman callout MSNBC for fully airing Republican press conference of lies
- Finland is now led by women. And America is ready.