It is time for thinking outside of the box for both guns and jobs
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today I will cover two subjects. The first is about out gun policy and how its implementation based on privilege kills. I want to tackle the notion of who the mass killers are and why.
The second issue I will cover is Bernie Sanders proposal to guarantee every single American a job. We will cover that starting with the blog of the week.
Are these two issues connected? A case could be made that many of our problems would be mitigated by solving these two issues among some other important ones.
From the Newsfeed
CBSNews: NASHVILLE — A judge has revoked the $2 million bond that had been set for Waffle House shooting suspect Travis Reinking, prosecutors confirm to CBS affiliate WTVF. The move came after community outcry over the bond set Monday for the suspect, who is accused of killing four people and wounding four others in a shooting rampage at the Nashville-area restaurant early Sunday. Reinking, 29, was taken into custody Monday after a citizen tip, ending a 24-hour manhunt involving more than 160 law enforcement officers. He was arrested in a wooded area not far from his apartment complex and the crime scene. Reinking was formally charged late Monday with four counts of criminal homicide and was ordered held on the $2 million bond, court records show. Additional charges may also be considered, WTVF reports. A motive remains unclear, but questions remain about official responses to months of Reinking’s bizarre behavior before the restaurant attack, including encounters with police in Illinois and Colorado and an arrest at the White House that raised red flags.
Daily Kos: Golfing while black becomes the latest reason to call police officers on black people. Earlier this month, after two black men were arrested at a Starbucks in Philadelphia for waiting while black, Starbucks decided to close its stores nationwide on May 29 for an implicit bias training. While this may seem like a responsive approach, it is unlikely to bring about change on its own. This is because while Starbucks may take the steps to begin helping its employees confront their irrational fear of black people, it does nothing to change the larger culture we’ve been socialized in—which not only supports but foments racial bias. As Damon Young from The Root points out, it is America that needs to close for a racial bias training.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Challenged by Right-Wing Newsmax & OAN, Fox News further radicalized their lies for relevance
- PROOF: Super rich people are not the makers but the parasites of our society.
- Republican to other Republicans Helping Democrats right now is helping the country.
- Texas Republic AG all but confessed that Trump would have lost Texas absent 2020 GOP suppression
- This is why Democrats must use GOP Governors abolishing unemployment as a betrayal to their citizens.
- Lost opportunity: Jen Psaki first fail; should’ve used the question to uplift the working class
- High School valedictorian canned approved speech and torched Republican TX Lege’s anti-choice bill.
- Democrats will win in a blowout in 2022. No history says otherwise. Jonathan Alter is right.
- Host: Americans ignorant of what happened. Professor: The American Myth busted.
- On Velshi: Roland Martin admonishes Democrats to get off their a$$es as GOP rigs 2022 Election.
- This is informative journalism: Ali Velshi torched Republicans with the inconvenient truth.
- A perfect example of valuing stuff with good fire protection vs. the inhumanity of our healthcare.
- Tulsa’s Mayor fails as Tiffany Cross and her panel make economic & moral cases for reparations.
- Rep. Matt Gaetz irresponsible call to action to the Right-Wing unstable using the 2nd Amendment
- Joe Biden scorches Republicans taking credit for Dem’s bill: Don’t get in the way of what we need to do!
- The reporter asked Jen Psaki a question he should’ve asked Republicans and she schooled him for it.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren slammed Chase CEO Jamie Dimon for fleecing customers during the pandemic.
- Jen Psaki ‘swings’ at reporter parroting GOP talking point Biden is in control of American Jobs Plan.
- Jen Psaki uses gas price rise & the poor gotcha question to ding GOP to highlight Biden policies
- A millennial’s plea to Boomers and older GenXers.