Democrats, and Progressives cannot continue being played by Trump scandals
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
Trump continues to have one or more scandals a day. The media continues to hyperventilate on each one. But this leaves Americans high and drive. As the media and Democrats continue to obsess over the severe flaws of the country, Democrats are not talking about how they will make the lives of Americans better and Republicans continue the deconstruction and destruction of government.
Progressives need to get the message out as to what they intend to do. They must force Democrats to engage. Use their opportunities on TV to change the subject from Trump obsession to a solid plan.
From the Newsfeed
CNBC reported: Notorious “pharma bro” Martin Shkreli, after making a sob-filled plea for leniency, was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison for federal fraud charges related to hedge funds and a drug company that he once ran. “There one person to blame for me being here today is me,” a choked-up Shkreli told a judge before she imposed the prison term. “Not the government. There is no conspiracy to take down Martin Shkreli.” “I took down Martin Shkreli with my disgraceful and shameful actions.” “This is my fault. I am no victim here,” Shkreli said, before breaking down into tears as he promised not to let his lawyer Benjamin Brafman down in his efforts to contribute to society. “Do not feel bad for me,” Shkreli told a packed courtroom that included many of his supporters and family members. And he had a message for the investors he duped: “I am terribly sorry I lost your trust…You deserve far better.” The seven-year sentence — which Shkreli listened to impassively — was significantly higher than the 18-month maximum requested by defense lawyers. “He has the potential to do good,” Brafman argued, pointing to Shkreli’s intellectual brilliance and altruism toward others less fortunate them himself. But the sentence was also less than half the minimum 15-year term that prosecutors said they wanted Friday in from U.S. District Judge Kiyo Matsumoto in Brooklyn, New York, court.”We do believe the public needs to be protected from Mr. Shkreli,” assistant U.S. Attorney Jacquelyn Kasulis told Matsumoto while arguing for that stiff term. “We do believe, your honor, that he is dangerous,” Kasulis said.
CNN reported: Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed Senate Bill 7026 into law Friday, the first gun control legislation enacted in the state after the Parkland school massacre on February 14. The new law, known as the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, tightens gun control in several ways but also allows some teachers to be armed. “The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do as governor is trying to console a parent who has lost a child,” said Scott, surrounded by families of the victims. Scott received the bill Thursday following days of impassioned, often contentious debate in the majority-Republican House and Senate. For some shooting survivors who demanded an assault weapons ban, the measure didn’t go far enough. These parents feel that giving teachers guns won’t help. But it went too far for some Republican lawmakers opposing stricter measures on gun ownership. Other provisions of the law include raising the age to purchase a firearm to 21 from 18, banning the sale or possession of bump fire stocks, giving law enforcement greater power to seize weapons and ammunition from those deemed mentally unfit, and additional funding for armed school resource officers.
What are your thoughts? Let ’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.