Democrats, and Progressives cannot continue being played by Trump scandals
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
Trump continues to have one or more scandals a day. The media continues to hyperventilate on each one. But this leaves Americans high and drive. As the media and Democrats continue to obsess over the severe flaws of the country, Democrats are not talking about how they will make the lives of Americans better and Republicans continue the deconstruction and destruction of government.
Progressives need to get the message out as to what they intend to do. They must force Democrats to engage. Use their opportunities on TV to change the subject from Trump obsession to a solid plan.
From the Newsfeed
CNBC reported: Notorious “pharma bro” Martin Shkreli, after making a sob-filled plea for leniency, was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison for federal fraud charges related to hedge funds and a drug company that he once ran. “There one person to blame for me being here today is me,” a choked-up Shkreli told a judge before she imposed the prison term. “Not the government. There is no conspiracy to take down Martin Shkreli.” “I took down Martin Shkreli with my disgraceful and shameful actions.” “This is my fault. I am no victim here,” Shkreli said, before breaking down into tears as he promised not to let his lawyer Benjamin Brafman down in his efforts to contribute to society. “Do not feel bad for me,” Shkreli told a packed courtroom that included many of his supporters and family members. And he had a message for the investors he duped: “I am terribly sorry I lost your trust…You deserve far better.” The seven-year sentence — which Shkreli listened to impassively — was significantly higher than the 18-month maximum requested by defense lawyers. “He has the potential to do good,” Brafman argued, pointing to Shkreli’s intellectual brilliance and altruism toward others less fortunate them himself. But the sentence was also less than half the minimum 15-year term that prosecutors said they wanted Friday in from U.S. District Judge Kiyo Matsumoto in Brooklyn, New York, court.”We do believe the public needs to be protected from Mr. Shkreli,” assistant U.S. Attorney Jacquelyn Kasulis told Matsumoto while arguing for that stiff term. “We do believe, your honor, that he is dangerous,” Kasulis said.
CNN reported: Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed Senate Bill 7026 into law Friday, the first gun control legislation enacted in the state after the Parkland school massacre on February 14. The new law, known as the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, tightens gun control in several ways but also allows some teachers to be armed. “The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do as governor is trying to console a parent who has lost a child,” said Scott, surrounded by families of the victims. Scott received the bill Thursday following days of impassioned, often contentious debate in the majority-Republican House and Senate. For some shooting survivors who demanded an assault weapons ban, the measure didn’t go far enough. These parents feel that giving teachers guns won’t help. But it went too far for some Republican lawmakers opposing stricter measures on gun ownership. Other provisions of the law include raising the age to purchase a firearm to 21 from 18, banning the sale or possession of bump fire stocks, giving law enforcement greater power to seize weapons and ammunition from those deemed mentally unfit, and additional funding for armed school resource officers.
What are your thoughts? Let ’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- This segment shows media negligence undermining Americans, giving MAGA Republican lies a platform.
- Conservative Joe Scarborough slams GOP & MAGA and praises Democratic successes better than most.
- AT LAST! California Gov. Gavin Newsom has a stark message for Democrats they better heed now.
- The statements from two economists prove our economic system is a failure to the middle class.
- Justice Alito mocks leaders on his Roe ruling, demonstrating he is but a political hack.
- Is nuclear energy an acceptable transfer energy source toward a completely green energy economy?
- The Ukraine / Russia war is used to expose the money grab all wars are.
- Herschel Walker’s son Christian Walker destroys him and calls out family values conservatives.
- Antiseptic Slavery defined: Why 80% of Americans are antiseptic slaves. 19% enforce it for the 1%
- Watch MSNBC panelist say Ginni Thomas is part of the demented fringe as he scourers her actions.
- He wants Beto O’Rourke disqualified for a name change. Why not Abbott for allowing Texans’ deaths?
- Truths about student loan debt, college costs, and corporate freeloading on the backs of students.￼
- Watch Prez Biden warns oil company thugs not to raise prices gouging Americans due to hurricane.
- Fmr. GOP Chair Michael Steele: Polls are wrong. There will be a pink wave. Dems to hold House.
- Even GOP operative Karl Rove thinks Texas Republicans are extremists and will pay the price.
- BOOOOM! Pete Buttigieg decimated Ron DeSantis at a Texas conference as no one else could.
- A Democratic candidate vying for Republican Gohmert’s seat’s hit w/ hate crime & cops were no help.
- Heitkamp dings Republican analyst: The good Trump policies you’re touting are Democratic policies
- COUNTRY OVER PARTY: Liz Cheney will support Democrats but goes much deeper!
- WARNING from Bill Clinton: ‘We can hold both houses.’ But remember, Republicans, know how to close.