Call: (646) 716-5812 – Facebook Live: PDRLive Live stream: BlogTalkRadio
Radio Show Date: February 27th, 2018
The Tax Cut Scam is scamming us all
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
The Trump tax cut scam is working as expected. Unfortunately, it isn’t working the way he told Americans it would work. But it is working the way its framers intended it to work. To which many will say, we told you so. the problem is that all the ills that are and will come about from it, will not come into full effect till after the election. But we are here to tell you that you must start articulating the reality to your family and friends as you advise them on how to vote to mitigate the destruction.
From the Newsfeed
- According to CNN: The Democratic underdog from El Paso outraised the first-term Republican senator and former presidential candidate by $1.5 million — $2.3 million to $800,000 — from the beginning of 2018 through mid-February. That impressive fundraising haul comes after O’Rourke also outpaced Cruz in the closing quarter of 2017, $2.4 million to $1.8 million. Cruz still holds a clear advantage in the race. When it comes to cash on hand, Cruz leads O’Rourke by a little more than $1 million. … O’Rourke is hoping to end the Democratic skid by running a different kind of campaign, embracing his punk rock roots. He’s been traveling from one event to another in a car with aides, listening to Spotify and sharing it all with the world via Facebook and Twitter. O’Rourke has already visited 223 of the state’s 254 counties, including some deep red turf. Another factor that could benefit O’Rourke this year is the fact Texas has three competitive House races in play, including John Culberson’s Houston-area 7th District and Pete Sessions’ 32nd District, which covers the northeastern Dallas suburbs. … It’s also worth keeping in mind that the increasingly diverse Texas is slowly becoming competitive. Hillary Clinton lost the state to Donald Trump in 2016 by 9 percentage points — a margin on par with her defeat in Iowa, and just a single point wider than Clinton’s loss in Ohio, a perennial presidential battleground state. Texans gave the President low marks for his first year in office, with 54% saying they disapproved of his job performance while just 39% said they approved, according to Gallup.
- According to The Hill: A top U.S. intelligence official told lawmakers on Tuesday that he has not received specific direction from the Trump administration to disrupt Russian cyberattacks targeting U.S. elections. “I haven’t been granted any additional authorities,” National Security Agency Director Adm. Mike Rogers, who also serves as commander of U.S. Cyber Command, told lawmakers on the Senate Armed Services Committee. While Rogers said he has not asked for additional authorities to stop Russian cyberattacks at the source, he noted that it would ultimately be up to President Trump to give him that permission. “I need a policy decision that indicates there is specific direction to do that,” Rogers said. “The president ultimately would make this decision in accordance with a recommendation from the secretary of Defense.”
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
We broadcast live on Facebook Live here and on BlogTalkRadio here. Call us at (646)716-5812.
Blog of the Week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Priorities USA chair Guy Cecil on Democrats: We create caricatures out of our voters.
- Michael Steele’s commentary on MAGA, Trump, and Carlson has better be understood.
- Banks prove our system is an unsustainable fraud. Homelessness is a product of our economic system.
- Rep. Jamie Raskin gave a slamming answer to Tucker Carlson’s fraudulent Jan 6 video.
- Ed Markey grills Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw, who refused to say he’ll make East Palestine whole.
- Media Matters’ CEO & Jason Johnson gets it! Fox News is masquerading as news & GOP’s terror front.
- Mujer de Kingwood e hijos: víctimas del odio LGBTQ de bandidos vecindarios y la apatía policial
- Kingwood, Texas woman & her sons were victims of LGBTQ hate from neighborhood thugs & police apathy.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout.
- Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage: His story’s an example of why Traditional Medicare is the best choice.
- Rep. Jolanda Jones on TEA HISD takeover. Derailments persist as lobbyist work. Capitalism confidence.
- Katie Porter slams politicians who relaxed regulations that caused the Silicon Valley Bank collapse.
- Elizabeth Warren blames the Silicon Valley Bank crash on a superb failure of politicians and …
- Conservative operative destroys CPAC & MAGA: Professional Grassroots Huckster Wing of the GOP.
- Silicon Valley Bank bunch, they’re Libertarians till they need a government bailout, aka Socialism.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout. Is Big pharma getting scared?
- Shouldn’t the Silicon Valley Bank transaction be called a bailout?
- Another big bailout! CEER Houston Director Stefania Tomaskovic on Environmental Justice.
- Political Activist/Organizer, David Cobb, discusses why our society is at a dangerous tipping point
- Alex Wagner exposes the MAGA cell phone company as WOKE cell phone companies rebranded.