Call: (713) 526-5738 – Facebook LIVE – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: February 15th, 2018
Progressive Candidates must articulate their positions
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
We are going to have a great show. We have two Progressive candidates running in Texas Congressional District 22.
Steve Brown worked in President Bill Clinton’s White House right out of college. He assisted Clinton in the passage of historic child care initiatives for working families including funding for Head Start, Early Learning Opportunities act and more. He is an advocate advocate for affordable health care. He fought funding cuts for Medicaid and CHIP, expanded access to higher education at Texas’ Tier 1 colleges and universities, established the state’s current coordinated stroke care system and helped to grow our region’s passenger rail system. In 2015, He built a successful clean energy development firm that originates utility-scale solar projects and retrofits commercial buildings with solar and energy efficiency improvements.
Sri Preston Kulkarni Sri Preston Kulkarni has been serving his family, community, and the country his entire life, Following college, Sri was commissioned as a Foreign Service Officer by Secretary of State Colin Powell and served his country for 14 years, with overseas tours in Iraq, Israel, Russia, Taiwan, and Jamaica. Sri speaks Spanish, Hindi, Mandarin Chinese, Hebrew, and Russian. He has spent his career using his skills and education to find common ground between groups in conflict, such as Arabs and Kurds or Israelis and Palestinians, and standing up for the truth, including combating the Russian government’s online misinformation campaign. Sri worked for Senator Kirstin Gillibrand in 2015.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. We broadcast live on Facebook Live here.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- COWARDS! Jamaal Bowman explodes on Republicans for their death causing negligence by weapons of war.
- Newly Elected Harris County Democratic Chairman Mike Doyle speaks. Save the Texas Observer!
- Stuart Stevens: Republican Party is officially a white grievance party now
- Israel, France, Brazil, & USA, the path to fascism. It’s all about economics and fear.
- CNN’s Jake Tapper watches bewildered as he exposes Republican for being a bumbling Trump sycophant.
- Economist Dean Baker puts the blame on Silicon Valley Bank squarely on Donald Trump.
- Robert Reich: We socialize rich’s losses & impose cruelest form of capitalism on the rest of us.
- The TikTok Grand Distraction: A ban is silly, irresponsible, and anti-democratic.
- The TikTok grand distraction. Fed’s playing with fire. Medicare Advantage scare-tactics.
- GREAT MOVE: Watch Biden smartly use Obamacare in his speech to expand the base in rural areas.
- Joy-Ann Reid calls out Silicon Valley Bank Libertarians for being fans of Socialism now.
- Big Pharma charges $189,000 for a 100% taxpayer-funded drug. No to Fed Rate hike. We need a cut.
- Many banks are unsustainable frauds. Here is how we fix it once and for all.
- Priorities USA chair Guy Cecil on Democrats: We create caricatures out of our voters.
- Michael Steele’s commentary on MAGA, Trump, and Carlson has better be understood.
- Banks prove our system is an unsustainable fraud. Homelessness is a product of our economic system.
- Rep. Jamie Raskin gave a slamming answer to Tucker Carlson’s fraudulent Jan 6 video.
- Ed Markey grills Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw, who refused to say he’ll make East Palestine whole.
- Media Matters’ CEO & Jason Johnson gets it! Fox News is masquerading as news & GOP’s terror front.
- Mujer de Kingwood e hijos: víctimas del odio LGBTQ de bandidos vecindarios y la apatía policial
My Other Posts At DailyKos.com
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)