Progressives cannot let Trump distract or deter us from our work
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
There are a lot of distractions out there. And both parties love it for two distinct reasons. One of them is right. The other is blowing it.
The Republicans passed a tax cut scam that will ultimately decimate the middle-class for years to come if it isn’t eradicated after the 2018 election. While the tax cut scam bill was unpopular, few Americans do not realize that for many the pain will not hit them until they have no recourse. As such, Republicans do not want to talk about their tax cut scam at all.
The Democrats are playing perfectly into the hands of the Republicans. Like I have said many times, the American people can walk and chew gum at the same time. Progressives and Democrats need not concentrate most of their firepower on Trump. After all, he is not running. And he has proven that America, at least the important electoral college part, judges him on different metrics.
It is time to engage Americans and their representative politicians, district by district. And I mean both federal districts and state districts. Trump must not distract us.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the week
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Two CNN stories that show how the 2018 blue wave could turn into a ripple
- A white supremacist called my show and did not get what he expected (VIDEO)
- Professor who predicted Trump win predicts Trump crimes that’ll shock nation
- If Progressives are to win learn from this Wisconsin win now
- President may be hoping for terrorist attack to save him & GOP in 2018
- Overjoyed Trump supporter: ‘He is saying what we all think’ Really?
- For that red ball cap: ‘Make America White Again’
- New York Times’ Paul Krugman scorches Republicans as ‘Know Nothings”
- Let’s keep our eyes on the ball, Oprah is just another distraction
- Robert Reich: Straight Talk About Trump
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Copyright 2018 Politics Done Right with Egberto Willies
Also published on Medium.