America is a progressive country and Democrats better campaign as such
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today’s show is a continuation of many shows I’ve done before. It is an urging of Democrats to not fall into the Republican-lite trap that started with Bill Clinton’s triangulation. The party has been following that tenet ever since. It should be noted that Bill Clinton was never the political juggernaut as many would have you believe. But I will leave that for the blog of the week.
The bottom line is that Democrats who want to win throughout the country must approach constituencies with solutions they want. It turns out they are all progressive. A politician does not have to call their articulations progressive, they just need to talk about the policies they intend to support that will ensure they are making the lives of their potential constituents better.
News that interested me today.
- FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe is stepping down. While it’s not a firing, it smells rotten as he has been in the Right Wing’s crosshairs.
- Chris Cuomo gave a clinic in adversarial journalism necessary to confront Donald Trump minions of liars sent out to mislead and misinform the public.
- Think Progress is reporting that “Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt was personally involved in the purging of information from the agency’s website in the early months of the Trump administration, according to documents obtained by the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF). Soon after President Donald Trump took office, pages on the EPA’s website about climate change started disappearing or getting redirected to sites touting the president’s fossil fuel agenda. Along with webpages about climate change and climate science, the purge removed the agency’s webpage about the Clean Power Plan, the signature Obama administration effort to curb carbon emissions from power plants and one that Pruitt is now attempting to repeal, the environmental group said Monday in a news release.”
- Common Cause has pre-empted the president’s State of the Union speech with the release of an important report titled “The Art of the Lie: Trump’s Historic First Year Failure on Government Integrity and Accountability Issues.” It is a must-read. Just note, he told more than 2,100 lies, unprecedented.
Yesterday, Indivisible Houston had its monthly meeting. It was the largest gathering since the group’s inception. Anecdotally we are getting reports from around the country that Indivisible along with many Progressive organizations is generating a lot of interest in the 2018 election. It is imperative that the Democratic Party with its attempt of securing “center left and center right” candidates, is stymied. Progressive candidates must rule this election.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- The Capitol Assault—Roots and Solutions
- Chuck Todd to false equivalency Republican, Only one side that tried to overthrow the Capitol.
- McConnell throws Trump, Ted Cruz, & Josh Hawley under the bus on the seditious insurrection.
- Camo or no, traitors clearly visible
- Katy Tur panel explains how the Republican Party became a cult.
- Why good people do evil things with a clear conscience? Abstraction explained.
- Karen Finney: “This is who we are.” But her message to both Democrats & the GOP was more profound.
- Southern Populism and the Secret History of Segregation
- Insurrection on Capitol: Funeral for White Supremacy. These people are the barnacles on the future.
- Rep. Clyburn calls them out as a hate group and reveals an American unfortunate truth.
- Rep. Jim Clyburn admonished Republicans. Tell the truth about the election. Stop hurting the country.
- Why Jan 6th attempted coup on the US should give legs to #DefundThePolice
- Are hunters really the biggest conservationists in America?
- What are ski resorts, gear makers, and professional skiers and snowboarders doing to fight global warming?
- Was there an environmentally positive impact from the coronavirus
- David Atwood: My thoughts about the underlying factors leading to January 6.
- The Equality Myth and Personal Respectability Myths
- Thomas Friedman’s recipe for Democrats would be fatal. He does not get it.
- Crooked pastor sentenced to 6yrs in prison. What about the other megachurch crooks?
- Stephanie Ruhle: Her story just made me think about privilege. Sad reality/truth.