America is a progressive country and Democrats better campaign as such
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today’s show is a continuation of many shows I’ve done before. It is an urging of Democrats to not fall into the Republican-lite trap that started with Bill Clinton’s triangulation. The party has been following that tenet ever since. It should be noted that Bill Clinton was never the political juggernaut as many would have you believe. But I will leave that for the blog of the week.
The bottom line is that Democrats who want to win throughout the country must approach constituencies with solutions they want. It turns out they are all progressive. A politician does not have to call their articulations progressive, they just need to talk about the policies they intend to support that will ensure they are making the lives of their potential constituents better.
News that interested me today.
- FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe is stepping down. While it’s not a firing, it smells rotten as he has been in the Right Wing’s crosshairs.
- Chris Cuomo gave a clinic in adversarial journalism necessary to confront Donald Trump minions of liars sent out to mislead and misinform the public.
- Think Progress is reporting that “Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt was personally involved in the purging of information from the agency’s website in the early months of the Trump administration, according to documents obtained by the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF). Soon after President Donald Trump took office, pages on the EPA’s website about climate change started disappearing or getting redirected to sites touting the president’s fossil fuel agenda. Along with webpages about climate change and climate science, the purge removed the agency’s webpage about the Clean Power Plan, the signature Obama administration effort to curb carbon emissions from power plants and one that Pruitt is now attempting to repeal, the environmental group said Monday in a news release.”
- Common Cause has pre-empted the president’s State of the Union speech with the release of an important report titled “The Art of the Lie: Trump’s Historic First Year Failure on Government Integrity and Accountability Issues.” It is a must-read. Just note, he told more than 2,100 lies, unprecedented.
Yesterday, Indivisible Houston had its monthly meeting. It was the largest gathering since the group’s inception. Anecdotally we are getting reports from around the country that Indivisible along with many Progressive organizations is generating a lot of interest in the 2018 election. It is imperative that the Democratic Party with its attempt of securing “center left and center right” candidates, is stymied. Progressive candidates must rule this election.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.