Call: (646) 716-5812 – Facebook Live: PDRLive Live stream: BlogTalkRadio
Radio Show Date: January 31st, 2018
The tax cut scam was just the beginning
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today a Robert Reich piece got my attention in my newsfeed that I figured needed some coverage especially in these times where Donald Trump is sucking up all the air with matters that do not help most people.
The biggest fear Progressives had with the passage of the tax cut scam was that Republicans were forcing the hands of every American. Tax cuts, even if unpaid, is easy to pass. Increasing taxes is difficult because Americans have been conditioned to believe that taxes are bad instead of something that secures us all.
Well the GOP got their tax cut scam signed into law. Now they must find a way to pay for it. Unless we act, you will pay for it with big cuts in your Social Security and Medicaid. And millennials, forget help for education and student loans.
Interesting news of the day
- Donald Trump’s speech turned out to be a bastion of lies.
- Another prominent Republican from a Southern State decided not to run. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina said he won’t run for reelection and intends to go back into the justice system. Trey Gowdy chaired the United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi from 2014 to 2016. He subsequently called for the prosecution of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign.
- Donald Trump’s approval rate is up 10 points from its low of 32%. It is now at 42%. Additionally, the tax cut scam is gaining acceptance. It is now 44% approved and 44% disapprove. Democrats now have just a 2% lead in the generic poll.
- The Koch Brothers intend to stunt the Blue Wave.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
We broadcast live on Facebook Live here and on BlogTalkRadio here. Call us at (646)716-5812.
Blog of the Week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Christie & Mike Pence attack Trump. Stephanie Ruhle stopped a misinformer. Trans slam!
- EPIC! Stephanie Ruhle shreds Rep. for trying to mislead her audience on inflation and the economy.
- A real journalist, Ayman Mohyeldin, roasts Chris Christie for a self-serving run against Trump.
- Patriotic Millionaires Morris Pearl on taxation – Andy Schmookler on Supreme Court failure
- Jen Psaki dinged Gov Sununu’s lie midstream as he tried to deny Trump-Putin collusion.
- ‘No Labels’ is a danger to our Democracy. Jen Psaki dings Sununu’s lie. Medicaid & DeSantis
- Rattner deconstructs debt ceiling. Ayman Mohyeldin roasts Christie. A GOP Sen, Kids, & Jesus.
- A candid conversation with a Right-Wing Republican on guns. This is how it starts.
- This is how I convinced many Right Wing Republicans to support Healthcare For All.
- Joy-Ann Reid contrasts Ron DeSantis, the autocrat, with Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
- Most of SCOTUS supports business over workers. Conservative ex-cop professor fired over a lie.
- MAGA Republican Freedom Caucus Rep. Bob Good attacks the debt ceiling deal. Biden was the adult!
- The definitive GOP vs Dem comparisons. TX Rep explains Lege attack on Harris Cty. Autocracy!
- I had an epiphany. We should embrace AI. — Ali Velshi checks misinforming former GOP Gov.
- Ali Velshi dismantles former Republican Governor. Why do corporations and not people get the breaks?
- Republican Budget chair discussing debt ceiling shows evil can come in a meek, soft-spoken package.
- Minnesota Progressive miraculous and Texas lousy legislative sessions. Pedro Silva on polarization.
- TX Activist challenges anti-trans Dem. Paxton impeached! So what? Wallace & Glaude on GOP freedom.
- MSNBC Host & Fmr. Republican: GOP is done approximating anything resembling freedom, Gloude concurs.
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.