The tax cut scam was just the beginning
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today a Robert Reich piece got my attention in my newsfeed that I figured needed some coverage especially in these times where Donald Trump is sucking up all the air with matters that do not help most people.
The biggest fear Progressives had with the passage of the tax cut scam was that Republicans were forcing the hands of every American. Tax cuts, even if unpaid, is easy to pass. Increasing taxes is difficult because Americans have been conditioned to believe that taxes are bad instead of something that secures us all.
Well the GOP got their tax cut scam signed into law. Now they must find a way to pay for it. Unless we act, you will pay for it with big cuts in your Social Security and Medicaid. And millennials, forget help for education and student loans.
Interesting news of the day
- Donald Trump’s speech turned out to be a bastion of lies.
- Another prominent Republican from a Southern State decided not to run. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina said he won’t run for reelection and intends to go back into the justice system. Trey Gowdy chaired the United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi from 2014 to 2016. He subsequently called for the prosecution of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign.
- Donald Trump’s approval rate is up 10 points from its low of 32%. It is now at 42%. Additionally, the tax cut scam is gaining acceptance. It is now 44% approved and 44% disapprove. Democrats now have just a 2% lead in the generic poll.
- The Koch Brothers intend to stunt the Blue Wave.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.
- Mehdi Hasan has a message to Democrats over Biden’s sinking polls: Calm down! Here is what to do!
- KUDOS to Rep Jayapal saying that challenging misdeeds by the Israeli government isn’t antisemitic.
- Stephanopoulos slams Scalise for CBO doubletalk on funding Israel vs IRS agents auditing tax cheats.
- What’s the connection between the onset of global warming & an increase in violent human behavior?
- What’s the latest, greatest, and greenest today in countertop materials, flooring, paint, and appliances?
- What are some ways to grow more food on less land, given population growth and less arable land?