Evangelicals, the weaponization of religion
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
There was a time when the church was, for the most part, a reliable moral compass. To be clear, the church has always had its problems as an institution. But it maintained a useful sort of order for humanity. This is in my humble opinion irrespective of the specific religion.
Mass communication, easy travel, and the fusion of all the political isms with it have allowed the weaponization of religion. America has its own Taliban if even more refined for Western tastes. The Daily KOS Publisher Markos Moulitsas wrote the book “The American Taliban” that took a few hits but highlights some of these issues as well.
Today we will dissect an interview between CNN’s Don Lemon and Reverend Frank Graham to illustrates not only the hypocrisy of the Right Wing Evangelicals but the danger.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. Tag your tweets with hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight. Follow me on Twitter @EgbertoWillies.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Steve Schmidt: Republicans to tell Trump You are Fired
- Joe Biden scorches Trump in the most effective manner
- But Why Is America Exceptional?
- POWERFUL: The Lincoln Project slams GOP Senators for being Trump’s allies in destroying America.
- Epic New York Times columnist freak-out on Trump’s dereliction on COVID-19 & more
- GOP Spokeswoman Liz Harrington attack on Biden shows GOP believes women not equal to men
- Colorado white woman follows a black man in her neighborhood: Get out of here!
- Mother takes 17-year-old daughter to church ‘COVID Party.’ Teen is now dead.
- The Lincoln Project exposes in detail Trump’s catastrophic job policies
- Judge Lina Hidalgo puts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on the spot for COVID-19 response
Also published on Medium.