Call: (713) 526-5738 – Facebook LIVE – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: November 30th, 2017
Progressives must have a litmus test
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Now more than ever it is time for a Progressive renaissance in the United States. Choosing the protagonists of this renaissance begins in the primaries. And Progressives are up to the task. For decades Americans have been told that they needed to conform to a rightward moving middle. Abiding by that ill-advised principle has brought nothing but misery, social conflict, and income inequality and wealth disparity.
Those days are now over. The Progressive grassroots has begun to assert itself and it will be felt in every district in Texas and throughout the country. Congress and State Legislatures around the country are going Progressive in 2018 and 2020 if my distinguished panel has anything to say about it.
Today we are honored to have three activists working on all issues related to electing, the right candidates in the primaries and in the national election.
Rebecca Shukla was born in Chicago. She is a grassroots activist working to turn Texas Congressional District 7 blue and to take as much of Texas with it as possible. Her organizing experience was developed through many years of volunteering in the public schools. After the election, this self-described Jewish woman married to an Indian man with two “brown sons,” a mother-in-law with a green card, and mother that relies on social security and Medicare/Medicaid decided that standing on the sidelines of politics was no longer an option.
Delilah Agho-Otoghile is the Regional Coordinator in Houston for Battleground Texas. She is a native Houstonian who’s excited to be back organizing in Texas! Raised in Fort Bend County, Delilah attended The Pennsylvania State University where she studied Philosophy and Political Science. After working as an organizer for Martin O’Malley in the Iowa Caucus, she served as a Regional Organizing Director for Hillary Clinton’s Campaign in Florida. Delilah returned to Texas as a Field Director for Equality Texas this past February – running a conservative canvass during the Legislative Session.
Daniel Cohen is the founder of Indivisible Houston and all around Houston activist who was one of the activists instrumental in the successful protest in support of our immigrant brothers and sisters at the Houston Intercontinental Airport a few weeks ago.
For those living in Texas Congressional District 7, Swing TX7 Left is hosting a Candidate Forum that all should attend. It will be held this Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 between 2 PM and 4 PM in Jersey Village at Cook Middle School at 9111 Wheatland Dr., Houston, TX. It is imperative that you attend.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- ‘No Labels’ is a danger to our Democracy. Jen Psaki dings Sununu’s lie. Medicaid & DeSantis
- Rattner deconstructs debt ceiling. Ayman Mohyeldin roasts Christie. A GOP Sen, Kids, & Jesus.
- A candid conversation with a Right-Wing Republican on guns. This is how it starts.
- This is how I convinced many Right Wing Republicans to support Healthcare For All.
- Joy-Ann Reid contrasts Ron DeSantis, the autocrat, with Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
- Most of SCOTUS supports business over workers. Conservative ex-cop professor fired over a lie.
- MAGA Republican Freedom Caucus Rep. Bob Good attacks the debt ceiling deal. Biden was the adult!
- The definitive GOP vs Dem comparisons. TX Rep explains Lege attack on Harris Cty. Autocracy!
- I had an epiphany. We should embrace AI. — Ali Velshi checks misinforming former GOP Gov.
- Ali Velshi dismantles former Republican Governor. Why do corporations and not people get the breaks?
- Republican Budget chair discussing debt ceiling shows evil can come in a meek, soft-spoken package.
- Minnesota Progressive miraculous and Texas lousy legislative sessions. Pedro Silva on polarization.
- TX Activist challenges anti-trans Dem. Paxton impeached! So what? Wallace & Glaude on GOP freedom.
- MSNBC Host & Fmr. Republican: GOP is done approximating anything resembling freedom, Gloude concurs.
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.
- The 11-year-old black kid who called 911 and was shot by a Mississippi cop is my fear and that of many.black kid
- Moms Demand Action presented a moving Memorial for Uvalde in Kingwood, Texas.
- Chris Hayes exposes why Republicans holding America hostage with the debt ceiling is a farce.
- TX AG Paxton to be impeached. 11-year-old shot by a cop. Chris Hayes exposes Debt Ceiling fraud.
- Moms Demand Action memorializes Uvalde. KAD President on TX Lege failure. GOP tanking economy
My Other Posts At DailyKos.com
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)