Progressives must have a litmus test
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Now more than ever it is time for a Progressive renaissance in the United States. Choosing the protagonists of this renaissance begins in the primaries. And Progressives are up to the task. For decades Americans have been told that they needed to conform to a rightward moving middle. Abiding by that ill-advised principle has brought nothing but misery, social conflict, and income inequality and wealth disparity.
Those days are now over. The Progressive grassroots has begun to assert itself and it will be felt in every district in Texas and throughout the country. Congress and State Legislatures around the country are going Progressive in 2018 and 2020 if my distinguished panel has anything to say about it.
Today we are honored to have three activists working on all issues related to electing, the right candidates in the primaries and in the national election.
Rebecca Shukla was born in Chicago. She is a grassroots activist working to turn Texas Congressional District 7 blue and to take as much of Texas with it as possible. Her organizing experience was developed through many years of volunteering in the public schools. After the election, this self-described Jewish woman married to an Indian man with two “brown sons,” a mother-in-law with a green card, and mother that relies on social security and Medicare/Medicaid decided that standing on the sidelines of politics was no longer an option.
Delilah Agho-Otoghile is the Regional Coordinator in Houston for Battleground Texas. She is a native Houstonian who’s excited to be back organizing in Texas! Raised in Fort Bend County, Delilah attended The Pennsylvania State University where she studied Philosophy and Political Science. After working as an organizer for Martin O’Malley in the Iowa Caucus, she served as a Regional Organizing Director for Hillary Clinton’s Campaign in Florida. Delilah returned to Texas as a Field Director for Equality Texas this past February – running a conservative canvass during the Legislative Session.
Daniel Cohen is the founder of Indivisible Houston and all around Houston activist who was one of the activists instrumental in the successful protest in support of our immigrant brothers and sisters at the Houston Intercontinental Airport a few weeks ago.
For those living in Texas Congressional District 7, Swing TX7 Left is hosting a Candidate Forum that all should attend. It will be held this Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 between 2 PM and 4 PM in Jersey Village at Cook Middle School at 9111 Wheatland Dr., Houston, TX. It is imperative that you attend.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Dylan Ratigan embarrassed Conservative: Red States mooch off of Blue State (VIDEO)
- MSNBC Panel berates Fox News for dishonest rant: ‘Useless Idiots’ for Trump (VIDEO)
- Welcome to America: Third world poverty close but ignored
- A touching exchange with a millennial who called in to Politics Done Right (VIDEO)
- This missing piece will guarantee Democratic victory — Faith
- Obama Era Net Neutrality overturned by Trump’s FCC
- USA Today Editorial Board: Trump not fit to clean toilets in Obama’s Library
- I refuse to get co-opted into the Doug Jones euphoria (VIDEO)
- Charles Barkley poignant message to Democratic Party after Doug Jones win (VIDEO)
- Democrat Doug Jones beat Republican pedophile Roy Moore but hear this …
- French President sticks it to Donald Trump: Wasn’t Trump bringing jobs home? (VIDEO)
- GOP Strategist: Republican incapacity to govern will cause a tsunami in 2018 (VIDEO)
- Charles Barkley to Alabama: We gotta stop looking like idiots to the nation (VIDEO)
- Republican ex-governor calls for Al Franken to stay in Senate
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Copyright 2017 Politics Done Right with Egberto Willies
Also published on Medium.