Millennials: 2018 key to victory for Progressives
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
We have been at this for a long time. It is time to stop talking and start acting. Progressives can singlehandedly make the Democratic Party quasi-civil war moot by doing one thing, winning. Millennials are the answers to extricate the entrenched orthodoxy that has done little to rid us of an ever-growing plutocracy.
In that light today we are honored to have three millennials who will intend to do their part to take their part of America to the next level.
Aaron Moore is originally from a town near New Orleans, Louisiana. He is an LSU graduate with a Civil Engineering degree. After the 2016 election, Aaron decided he needed to be more involved to make the world a better place for everyone. He kept searching for something to put his energy into and saw that no one was running against his state representative, Jim Murphy, so he decided to run.
Lena Hidalgo was raised in an immigrant family. She was born in Colombia and grew up in Peru, Mexico, and Texas. Lina graduated with a political science degree from Stanford University. Over the last few years, Lina has been pursuing a joint degree in law and public policy at NYU and Harvard. She has been giving back supporting vulnerable communities.
Ivan Sanchez is originally from Colombia. He immigrated to the United States to escape the then hostile environment. Ivan is a University of Houston graduate with a degree in political science. He is very active in the community and the recipient of various awards for said activities helping the neediest in our community. He is currently a Senior Congressional Liaison and Field Representative for the Honorable Sheila Jackson Lee.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Progressives: Be careful of the comfort of placating the privileged at the expense of the afflicted
- The 1% has gone too far and it is time for us to take ownership all back
- If Cohen and Pecker are Guilty of Campaign Finance Felonies, isn’t Trump?
- Robert Reich: The Truth About Privatization
- Dr. Martin Luther King’s Letter From Birmingham Jail
- Martin Luther King speaks on Government Assistance, Reparations, & Federal Subsidies
- Vote suppression: It’s what Republicans do
- I’m losing faith in the possible redemption of Capitalism – Free Enterprise is the answer
- Let’s make it clear we have Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez back lest they make her a lonely scapegoat
- History Is Likely to Credit George H. W. Bush with These Two Foreign Policy Accomplishments
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Also published on Medium.