Women speaking out
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
It has become vogue to beat up on the Right for their draconian treatment of women, for their disrespect, and disempowerment. But it is essential that we look deeper. After all, sexism and misogyny is a disease afflicting men and some women irrespective of political affiliations. Harvey Weinstein is exhibit one.
Today we are honored to have three activists working on all issues related to women. But it does not stop there. They are working to make America better for all.
Hannah Thalenberg is the Houston regional organizer for NARAL Pro-Choice Texas, the political arm of our state’s reproductive rights movement, and has been fighting for abortion access and reproductive justice for as long as she has lived in Texas, because all people deserve the power and resources to care for and affirm their bodies, identities, and health for themselves and their families.
Kandice Webber is one of the founding members of Houston Rising and an organizer for Black Lives Matter: Houston. She is a registered nurse and is dedicated to bringing social justice and equality to all marginalized communities.
Robin Paoli has pursued social justice from her school days, first by journalism and faith-based actions, and then working behind the scenes for change leaders. Robin runs a public affairs firm in Houston and is a founder and leader of the Houston Women’s March.
Remember that we are in fund drive so please call (713)526-5738 or visit kpft.org now to keep our Progressive radio on the air. The Right invest in their sources of misinformation. Please Progressives, invest in sources of real information like KPFT, the DailyKos, and other Liberal sources of information. Let’s liberate America’s minds by removing them from misinformation chains of bondage.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- BINGO! Pete Buttigieg is the best Biden spokesperson. He knocks out the Biden age question, then …
- Biden gives the appropriate Trump-like answer on blame for inflation on his Jobs Report victory lap.
- Great jobs report too good for the workers. Another POC murdered by cop. Ilhan Omar double standard
- Rep. Ilhan Omar’s defiant speech before being voted off the Foreign Affairs committee by MAGA GOP
- Our personal economic success depends on unchaining our minds from what we have learned.
- Caller hangs up after I destroyed his defense of inhumane oil companies; a meaningful argument.
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.