When politicians & activists have civic engagement, we win
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Many complain that they no longer have control of their lives. They say their government no longer works or work for them. The system is only responsive to corporations and not people. While that may be true, the solution our reality is found every single time you look in the mirror.
I have two guests, a politician, and an activist.
Judge Joe Stephens is a native Houstonian who played four years in the NBA with the Houston Rockets and six years in Europe. He graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. After playing basketball professionally, he returned to college where he earned his MBA. He serves on many boards and is very active in the community engaging our youth. Judge Stephens was sworn in as Presiding Judge of Harris County Justice of the Peace Court (Precinct 3-1) on January 1, 2017, after winning his election in 2016.
Kay West is a comedian, writer, actor, and producer. Most importantly, she is a political activist. She was a Bernie Sanders delegate at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia and was instrumental in organizing Our Revolution’s Houston metropolitan region. She is the president of the Houston Area Progressive. West is a University of Houston graduate and attended Universal Studio’s New York film academy.
Remember that we are in fund drive so please call (713)526-5738 or visit kpft.org now to keep our Progressive radio on the air. The Right invest in their sources of misinformation. Please Progressives, invest in sources of real information like KPFT, the DailyKos, and other Liberal sources of information. Let’s liberate America’s minds by removing them from misinformation chains of bondage.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Fridays at 5:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- New York Times: Don’t Be Progressive, Be a ‘Liberal’
- And the Democrats say, ‘Thank you’
- Interview w/ Quinnipiac University Poll Director on Beto O’Rourke turning Texas Blue (VIDEO)
- Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) in virtual tie with Ted Cruz (R-TX) for Texas Senator
- Earnings way up. Wall Street pocketing billions from Trump tax cut scam.
- This is how and why we must boycott Sean Hannity now
- Explosive profits at Goldman Sachs while Trump robbed you blind
- This Bernie Democrat will do his part to help repair the Democratic Party
- John Oliver exposes the American tax system & Trump’s Tax Cut Scam
- Robert Reich: While China Picks Winners, Trump Picks Losers
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)