Cancer could not stop her activism but Trump’s ACA repeal could
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Over the last few weeks, we have been discussing the Affordable Care Act and health care in America, in sort of an antiseptic manner. Today we will discuss it first as personalized by a friend, a millennial, and a fellow activist, Eleanor Goldfield, who has had to work within the current system as it stands. She had an upfront seat from her cancer diagnosis to her remission over the last two years. We will then discuss the changes we must fight for to make our system better and humane.
Eleanor Goldfield is the Founder & Host at Act Out, Founder / Senior Consultant at Art Killing Apathy and Founder, singer, writer at Rooftop Revolutionaries. She is an all around social justice, economic justice, and racial justice political activist.
Eleanor is not letting her ordeal deter her from her activism. After all, in the times of Trump one cannot rest on one’s laurels. She has written the new book titled, Paradigm Lost. Eleanor blogs at ArtKillingApathy.com.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Republican Rewards His Kids For Marrying White People
- List of DEMANDS for ALL Political Candidates running in 2018
- SATIRE: FaceMed ® Social Network FAQ – Medical Care for the Internet Age
- Call Them by Their Names – They must not get away with this bias
- The Surprising Popularity of ‘Far Left’ Policies
- This Liberal went to a Right Wing candidate forum and saw an alternate reality (VIDEO)
- Santa Fe Texas School Mass Shooting Leaves at least 8 Dead
- Blaming the Victims of Israel’s Gaza Massacre
- Trump Effect: Lawyer flipped out because workers spoke Spanish at NY deli (VIDEO)
- Oh my God! Progressives winning all over America worrying Dems
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Also published on Medium.