Only a Progressive renaissance can rebuild the middle-class
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we discuss the need for a Progressive Renaissance, one that is already occurring. The political field is already fertilized. It’s just waiting for the seeds and the nurturing. Are Progressives ready to farm it?
Our special guest today is former MSNBC contributor and former co-host of The Cycle Krystal Ball.
Krystal Ball is a University of Virginia graduate with a bachelor’s degree in economics. She is a certified public accountant and an entrepreneur. In 2010 she ran for Congress in Virginia’s 1st Congressional District. While her run was unsuccessful, she was named by Forbes Magazine as number 21 on the magazine’s “The Top Most Powerful Women of the Midterm Elections.” She put on a valiant effort in a race stacked against her.
Krystal Ball showed her character as she assisted the recovery efforts after Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana. She showed her resolve against evil as she led a boycott against Rush Limbaugh for his attack on Sandra Fluke.
Krystal Ball has a new book out titled “Reversing the Apocalypse: Hijacking the Democratic Party to Save the World” that challenges Democrats resettled their roots to FDR’s New Deal and advocating a more interventionist economic agenda. She is the founder of People’s House Project.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- And the Democrats say, ‘Thank you’
- Interview w/ Quinnipiac University Poll Director on Beto O’Rourke turning Texas Blue (VIDEO)
- Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) in virtual tie with Ted Cruz (R-TX) for Texas Senator
- Earnings way up. Wall Street pocketing billions from Trump tax cut scam.
- This is how and why we must boycott Sean Hannity now
- Explosive profits at Goldman Sachs while Trump robbed you blind
- This Bernie Democrat will do his part to help repair the Democratic Party
- John Oliver exposes the American tax system & Trump’s Tax Cut Scam
- Robert Reich: While China Picks Winners, Trump Picks Losers
- Is MSNBC going conservative? Loves #NeverTrumpers more than Progressive folks
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Also published on Medium.