Progressives in the Democratic Establishment, remember insanity?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Right after the election, Naomi Klein wrote a prescient piece that still holds true today. We can blame just about everything including the Russians, voter suppression, Comey, and more for Clinton’s loss. We would be right. But it should not have come down to a close election especial when running against the character Clinton ran against. Today it is not about rehashing. It is about ensuring we do not make the same mistakes. Everything tells me we are in fact doing the same thing again. The plea is in hopes we ultimately don’t.
Today we have two special guests from Indivisible Houston. They are here to announce a very important event every democracy loving Texan should attend, The Rally and Candlelight Vigil for TRUTH.
President of Indivisible Houston, Daniel Cohen
Actions Chair of Indivisible Houston
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- BINGO! Pete Buttigieg is the best Biden spokesperson. He knocks out the Biden age question, then …
- Biden gives the appropriate Trump-like answer on blame for inflation on his Jobs Report victory lap.
- Great jobs report too good for the workers. Another POC murdered by cop. Ilhan Omar double standard
- Rep. Ilhan Omar’s defiant speech before being voted off the Foreign Affairs committee by MAGA GOP
- Our personal economic success depends on unchaining our minds from what we have learned.
- Caller hangs up after I destroyed his defense of inhumane oil companies; a meaningful argument.
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.