Progressives in the Democratic Establishment, remember insanity?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Right after the election, Naomi Klein wrote a prescient piece that still holds true today. We can blame just about everything including the Russians, voter suppression, Comey, and more for Clinton’s loss. We would be right. But it should not have come down to a close election especial when running against the character Clinton ran against. Today it is not about rehashing. It is about ensuring we do not make the same mistakes. Everything tells me we are in fact doing the same thing again. The plea is in hopes we ultimately don’t.
Today we have two special guests from Indivisible Houston. They are here to announce a very important event every democracy loving Texan should attend, The Rally and Candlelight Vigil for TRUTH.
President of Indivisible Houston, Daniel Cohen
Actions Chair of Indivisible Houston
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Cori Bush schools GOP on oversight: Dings Trump: a white supremacist election overthrowing demagogue.
- Rep Ted Lieu forced GOP’s sham Garland judiciary hearing to highlight Trump as Jan 6 coup leader.
- EPIC WARNING: Fmr. GOP Operative Steve Schmidt excoriates McConnell & GOP and then …
- A contentious debate on men having no say in the control of a woman’s body, irrespective of baby-daddy.
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies.
- Right winger equates women’s right to choose with the atrocities by some Vietnam soldiers.
- How can I be a more environmentally responsible parent?
- What’s the kerfuffle over uranium mining near the Grand Canyon?
- Can you shed light on just how “green” or not-so-green the Burning Man festival really is?
- What can I do this fall to ensure my garden looks its best next spring?
- Are carbon offsets an effective way to reduce greenhouse gases, or just corporate greenwashing
- Is it true that spam email takes a huge toll on the environment?
- Is there any way to stem the tide of fiberglass pollution from aging and discarded boats fouling marine ecosystems?
- How are amphibians doing in the U.S. and around the world these days?
- Are there greener types of grills or grilling methods that are more planet-friendly?
- Is the widely publicized failure of Yellow Trucking an opportunity to reduce its carbon footprint?
- Is America’s electrician shortage hurting our ability to get away from fossil fuels?
- Our forebears decimated the wild bison herds of the 1800s. Are those remaining today endangered?
- What exactly is “climate migration” and is it already happening?
- Are entrance restriction tactics to reduce overcrowding at national parks having the desired effect?