This is the opportune time to move single-payer Medicare for all
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
We are going to have a great show today. We will talk about the subject of the day, Trumpcare, Obamacare, and single-payer Medicare for all. With all the chaos that is occurring right now with Republicans attempting to repeal the Affordable Care Act with a tax cut bill that makes evil seem benevolent, Progressives must seize the opportunity to put the only system that can work into the consciousness of the masses.
But before you get to that subject, we have a special guest with us today.Mikael Floyd, an 18-year-old Pearland Texas resident accomplished the impossible. He beat an incumbent to become the youngest person ever to serve. This is what it will take for us to take back our country from the Right Wing destructive fringe. Young people who are the ones that will reap the perils of the evil and immoral policies of the Right must step up. Floyd has done that. The doors are open for our millennials, GenYs, and others to exert their power.
Remember that we are in fund drive so please call (713)526-5738 or visit kpft.org now to keep our Progressive radio on the air. The Right invest in their sources of misinformation. Please Progressives, invest in sources of real information like KPFT, the DailyKos, and other Liberal sources of information.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Republican to Right-Wing ‘pro-lifers’: Healthcare is a right
- A date to denote pandemic denial
- Aren’t the forest fires actually beneficial to the environment?
- Can waste left over from mining operations be used to absorb carbon dioxide?
- Warning: Trump and his Rioters can win using “The XII”
- A Combative Chuck Todd destroys GOP Senator with his own words calling out Republicans as hypocrites
- Former GOP Chair to Trump supporters: There is no need to get punked any longer
- Does Trump intend to use baby boomer deaths to rescue the pension system?
- Democrats should win in a landslide, if they do what we know we must
- Irate Fmr. RNC Chair: The fact we have to beg people to wear a mask to save their dumb a$$. Crazy!
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)