Most Americans are Progressives so we should be winning
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Progressives, are you tired of losing? Policies that we want, create, and support are the policies Americans want. How do we know? They tell us when asked absent ideological queues.
So how do we connect our policies with winning? We must start locally. We must build alliances that ultimately change minds when the common good is realized. A park is not Democratic or Republican. It is the commons. The successful education of our kids in science and math is not Republican or Democratic. Results are absolute. Solve local problems and the local problem solvers will eventually become the national problem solvers. They would have earned the vote.
Today I have two special guests, Jolanda Jones and Mia Hoyt. They come from two different sides of the ideological spectrum but interestingly they are both working locally for the good of our children.
Jolanda Jones is one of Houstons most well-known former city council member, grassroots political activist, and lawyer. She starred in both the CBS’s Survivor series and her new show Sisters in Law. She was recently elected Trustee on the Houston Independent School Board. Jones is fighting the fiscal / taxation battle and has a message concerning HISD Prop 1.
Mia Hoyt is a real estate agent in Kingwood, Texas. She is also a parent of kids that attend the Humble Independent school district. She became an activist when she realized the Humble ISD was about to hire a superintendent detrimental to her kids’ education. She formed a group on Facebook and got thousands of parents activated. The school board went against the wishes of the parents and the group she formed decided to run candidates against the board.
We will discuss these issues and why we must take control of our politics locally irrespective of ideologies. After all, our fight is for the well-being of us all.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- AOC defends Jamaal Bowman from fire alarm attack as she slams GOP hypocritical false equivalence
- Dem & GOP panelists agree GOP has no plans for average Americans as Trump mocks civil society.
- Rep. Mike Lawler on shutdown: ‘If you keep running lunatics, you are going to be in this position.’
- The Hunter Biden Impeachment story is DONE! AOC and Democrats made it a GOP embarrassment.
- Congress is failing families. Your budget informs us about your overall values.
- PDR Host Egberto Willies interviewed on The Devil’s Advocates Radio Show LIVE about engaging MAGA
- Jake Tapper ridicules Matt Gaetz: You’re “someone who is looking for clicks, likes, & Fox hits.”
- Former RNC Chair Michael Steele explains why the Republican debate was an embarrassing crap show.
- Miles Taylor on Trump supporters: We are living in a master class of silence and complicity
- Pete Buttigieg itemizes effects of a Republican shutdown but failed to point out media failure.
- Rep. Bowman knocks Sinema & Manchin for their complicity with Republicans to increase child poverty.
- MSNBC’s Joy-Ann Reid goes ballistic on mainstream media for the horrendous Biden vs. Trump coverage.
- Amanda Carpenter challenges General Milley’s statement in an article with a reality: Trump can win.
- Association of Flight Attendants Prez Sara Nelson nails the union message in Ali Velshi interview.
- Republican operative: McCarthy is dealing with people that are too stupid to be in Congress: More?
- Cori Bush schools GOP on oversight: Dings Trump: a white supremacist election overthrowing demagogue.
- Rep Ted Lieu forced GOP’s sham Garland judiciary hearing to highlight Trump as Jan 6 coup leader.
- EPIC WARNING: Fmr. GOP Operative Steve Schmidt excoriates McConnell & GOP and then …
- A contentious debate on men having no say in the control of a woman’s body, irrespective of baby-daddy.
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies.