The Grassroots Progressives is essential to win
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Progressives throughout the United States are touting Kansas defeat as some sort of a victory. Folks, wake up. One cannot be somewhat pregnant. Kansas was a loss and given the conditions in Kansas Progressives should have had an answer.
The grassroots throughout the country need to learn from every loss and calculate what went wrong. We do not need to sugar coat it as that lends itself to further defeat.
Today’s show will discuss some of the active grassroots work that must occur to start mitigating our losses. We are honored to have three distinguished activists who happen to be women. The new Progressive revolution will not be televised but it will be run by women.
|Nisha Randle is a Houston activist who was part of the Texas State Coordinating team for the Women’s March on D.C. and the Austin sister march. She is involved in several groups locally including Pantsuit Republic Houston and Indivisible Houston.|
|Jessica DeFeo is Founder of Pantsuit Republic Houston. She is new to activism and passionate about leading women to find their passion.|
|Kandice Webber is a registered nurse who went from politically concerned to political engagement. She is a community organizer for Women & Allies HTX which focuses on the issues that affect women.|
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Trump Effect: New Kingwood, TX business model: Lawn Care by ‘White People’ U.S. Citizens (VIDEO)
- Happy Juneteenth Black Folk: Brought to you By Ted Cruz & Jimmy Kimmel; Texas style
- Americans won’t ‘Sit Up’ for Great Leader Trump, because They Don’t Approve of Him
- An Urgent Message to Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Japan from United States citizens
- Robert Reich: The Constitutional Crisis is Now
- When Did the GOP Add Cowardice to its Platform?
- Is ‘ounce of prevention’ beyond comprehension?
- Anti-immigration Republican Legislator: There Aren’t Enough White Kids to Go Around in State Schools (VIDEO)
- Trump Administration: Evil, Stupid, or Both? A new journalism must inform
- The con man got conned and conned his constituents one more time
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Also published on Medium.