Trumpcare may fail to get passed but what’s next could be worse
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Now is the time for all of America to come together on health care. We now know that Trumpcare is Pro-Death. Obamacare is Pro-Life. And Medicare for all is Pro-Life on steroids. This may sound like hyperbole but the studies are out and it must be characterized in this fashion. Why? Because any plan that changes another where the number of people that die increases is by definition a pro-death policy when related to health care. After-all, we all must have health care.
Today we will have the honorable Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. She will discuss the draconian Affordable Health Care Act, also known as Trumpcare. She will tell us what we will lose if you as the constituents of many Congresspeople and Senators don’t engage them and tell them you do not want Obamacare to be repealed.
I want to remind our listeners that we are in our Spring Fund Drive. But do not despair, Politics Done Right will be discussing our current politics even as we remind you periodically to call Pledge Central at (713)526-5738.
KPFT 90.1 FM Houston is the only Progressive radio station that covers the entire Southeast Texas. We broadcast Politics Done Right throughout the entire nation with prescient topics via our Facebook Live broadcasts and Podcasts.
Since the election of Donald Trump, many of us have rebranded our (your) station, KPFT 90.1 FM Resistance Radio. We understand that it is up to us to make a difference. We cannot depend on the corporatized mainstream media to tell the stories of the middle-class and the poor. They will not educate the masses because it is anathema to maintaining their preeminent being. And that is where we come in. If we want a better country, if we want better health care, if we want better and affordable schools, if we want worthwhile retirements, then we must ensure that the Progressive media, resistance radio remain viable.
I am asking you that you support KPFT 90.1 FM Resistance Radio today. Join our family and know that you are responsible for turning Texas and the rest of the nation into a humane and Progressive state. Help KPFT 90.1 FM with its $240,000 Spring Fund Dr.
We must keep Resistance Radio on air. Please CONTRIBUTE NOW to support Progressive media. All radio hosts volunteer their time and support. All contributions go directly to KPFT 90.1 FM securely.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Sexist reporter mic-dropped by New Zealand PM at presser between two young female Prime Ministers
- SHAME! Executive & Congress may sacrifice rail workers to further enrich corporate America.
- Adam Kinzinger does not think Kevin McCarthy will last as Speaker of the House.
- We willfully submit ourselves to the new bondage, antiseptic slavery.
- A fed-up Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, throws Donald Trump under the bus.
- Watch Chuck Todd ding GOP Rep. James Comer with inconvenient facts as he bloviated about crime.
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.