The Grassroots is essential
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
This morning I wrote a blog post titled “Wealth is devoured at the top while the rest of us create it.” To be clear I sort of ripped off the title from Rutger Bergman’s Guardian article titled “No, wealth isn’t created at the top. It is merely devoured there.” It is a must read. Most importantly, not only did it get one’s blood boiling, it illustrates the trail ahead for our burgeoning massive grassroots movement.
And today, I have Indivisible TX-02 in the studio. Their leaders will tell us what part they will play in helping right the ship. They will tell us about a special event they are having tomorrow where you can make a difference.
Later on, we will hear from Jerroll Sanders who immediately challenged Donald Trump’s election that made it all the way to the Supreme Court. She will illustrate how any individual can make a difference on the grassroots level and the perils that can occur when grassroots organizations take their eyes off of the ball.
I want to give a shoutout to TaxMarchHouston.com. They want you to know the following. “We are demanding: Trump’s complete taxes, transparency, and accountability from government officials. T-shirts are available now. TaxMarchHouston.com Join us Saturday, April 15th. March alongside our 13-foot Trump chicken at Houston City hall.”
I want to remind our listeners that we are in our Spring Fund Drive. But do not despair, Politics Done Right will be discussing our current politics even as we remind you periodically to call Pledge Central at (713)526-5738.
KPFT 90.1 FM Houston is the only Progressive radio station that covers the entire Southeast Texas. We broadcast Politics Done Right throughout the entire nation with prescient topics via our Facebook Live broadcasts and Podcasts.
Since the election of Donald Trump, many of us have rebranded our (your) station, KPFT 90.1 FM Resistance Radio. We understand that it is up to us to make a difference. We cannot depend on the corporatized mainstream media to tell the stories of the middle-class and the poor. They will not educate the masses because it is anathema to maintaining their preeminent being. And that is where we come in. If we want a better country, if we want better health care, if we want better and affordable schools, if we want worthwhile retirements, then we must ensure that the Progressive media, resistance radio remain viable.
I am asking you that you support KPFT 90.1 FM Resistance Radio today. Join our family and know that you are responsible for turning Texas and the rest of the nation into a humane and Progressive state. Help KPFT 90.1 FM with its $240,000 Spring Fund Dr.
We must keep Resistance Radio on air. Please CONTRIBUTE NOW to support Progressive media. All radio hosts volunteer their time and support. All contributions go directly to KPFT 90.1 FM securely.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.
- 200+ millionaires urge world leaders at Davos to tax the ultra-rich. Stop pilfering the masses
- Talking to Democrats on how to engage their right-wing family & friends productively
- This event at Belafonte’s home proves Martin Luther King was closer in values to Bernie & AOC.
- An MLK Commentary AND Billionaires are the manifestations of a failed economic system.
- BREAKING: Fmr. MAGA Republican candidate arrested in shootings of Democratic politicians’ homes.
- GO BACK TO YOUR PARTISAN CABLE COCOON: Chuck Todd neuters Sen. Johnson for his Hunter Biden hypocrisy.