The Democratic revolution is beginning
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
A peaceful Democratic revolution is beginning. And it is women led. After a weekend where women exceeded the organizational and operational realization a protest event second to none, it is clear that the gauntlet has been dropped.
I want to thank the following.
- Dave Richmond from Los Angeles California “Thank you for fighting the power”
- Christine Bates from Katy Texas for “Loving the conservative guest Not because I agree but because I like the debate”
- Jessica Yusuf
Please note that for progressives to get their message across it is imperative that sources that promote our values are funded appropriately. KPFT 90.1 FM is the progressive station that is talking the talk and walking the walk. But we need your support. Please call (713)526-5738 now and make a contribution and/or become a member. In the era of Donald Trump, your support is imperative. You can also contribute online here for a secure contribution.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Harry Reid likely has it wrong about Elizabeth Warren’s pragmatism vs. progressiveness
- Disregard Harry Reid on Elizabeth Warren’s Progressiveness
- The Donald Trump Act Of Betrayal And Infamy
- My thoughts on the Democratic Debate on CNN
- Donald Trump versus Every Law Ever Made in the United States.
- Again! A police officer kills a black person in their own home.
- Team Trump and ‘consciousness of guilt’: So obvious a blind person can see it.
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.