Progressives must resist this coup by Donald Trump
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Happy New Year. It is the first Politics Done Right Show of the year. We are less than three weeks away from the effectuation of the coup by Donald Trump. I love the way Lee Camp said it.
“Trump is bringing in the best people to run our company,” Camp screamed. “Our company? It is supposed to be a country. .. These people, the parasitic business class of billionaire exploitation vampires have taken over. And it is evident they view this country, our country, as a company in which their task is to enrich themselves. The hostile corporate takeover is complete. … And what is a hostile takeover called when it is a country and not a company? It is a coup. … And don’t worry, I am not just laying this on the Republicans. The corporate Democrats are equally responsible. They just weren’t as obvious with it, weren’t as upfront about it. And this is one of the many reasons we have to keep fighting.”
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- GOP Congressman: Their Obamacare replacement will not guarantee coverage (VIDEO)
- Lawrence O’Donnell: Mike Pence is the man Trump should fear (VIDEO)
- My fender bender showed me there are still good people around
- Do not allow Republicans to destroy the economy again – It’s your duty
- British reporter posed question Mike Pence refused to answer at NATO news conference (VIDEO)
- The Republican Tax Sham continues and will continue to destroy America (VIDEO)
- Senator John McCain to NBC Chuck Todd: I hate the press. I hate you (VIDEO)
- Owning her own reproductive rights saved this woman’s life
- Joy-ann Reid kicks ex-congressman J.D. Hayworth off her show for racist comments (VIDEO)
- CNN Don Lemon schools Trump spokesman on fake news and then shuts him off the air (VIDEO)
- Bill Maher: The magic Republican (R) allows them to get away with anything (VIDEO)
- The Rise of Alternative Facts, A Moderated Audience Discussion by Jaime Rodriguez (VIDEO)
- ‘Don’t touch me’: Panelist blows up on Trump supporter’s microaggression on CNN (VIDEO)
- Reporter called out Trump Electoral College lie in real time at press conference (VIDEO)
- CNN Jake Tapper decimates Trump on facts, fake news, and conspiracy stories (VIDEO)
- We must keep the protests but we need a lot more action
- The noose tightens: U.S Allies Conduct Intelligence Op on Trump Staff, Associates
- Trump at war with Intelligence Community and they say he’ll die in jail
- Eleanor Goldfield: I Am The Child of Immigrants… (VIDEO)
- NY Times says Trump campaign had repeated contact with Russian intelligence
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Copyright 2017 Politics Done Right