Progressives must resist this coup by Donald Trump
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Happy New Year. It is the first Politics Done Right Show of the year. We are less than three weeks away from the effectuation of the coup by Donald Trump. I love the way Lee Camp said it.
“Trump is bringing in the best people to run our company,” Camp screamed. “Our company? It is supposed to be a country. .. These people, the parasitic business class of billionaire exploitation vampires have taken over. And it is evident they view this country, our country, as a company in which their task is to enrich themselves. The hostile corporate takeover is complete. … And what is a hostile takeover called when it is a country and not a company? It is a coup. … And don’t worry, I am not just laying this on the Republicans. The corporate Democrats are equally responsible. They just weren’t as obvious with it, weren’t as upfront about it. And this is one of the many reasons we have to keep fighting.”
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- OK ‘pro-lifers’, since ACA repeal will kill tens of thousands can we count on you?
- CNN: Trump officials may have given Russia thumbs up to release Clinton smears
- Lawmaker says U.S. foreign surveillance ‘unmask’ Trump associates
- Wall Street Journal on Trump: Americans may conclude he’s a fake President
- Chris Matthews urges a NO VOTE for Neil Gorsuch & gives the perfect reason (VIDEO)
- Trump supporter who attended 45 Trump rallies opposes president now (VIDEO)
- Supreme Court Nominee taken by surprise by Senator Sasse’s wife question (VIDEO)
- Donald Trump to Republicans: Vote to repeal Obamacare or else …
- Arnold Schwarzenegger mocks Trump’s falling poll numbers & budget cuts (VIDEO)
- Fox News Juan Williams lost it with co-hosts: You’re trying to distract from the news of the day (VIDEO)
- Watch Republican shocks panel saying Trump not intelligent enough to be President (VIDEO)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson paraphrases Trump to rip his draconian budget by tweet
- John Oliver mocks Trump’s budget & the ludicrous justifications for its draconian cuts (VIDEO)
- Marc Croes: Trump’s Bannon appointment un-American
- Fareed Zakaria: ‘The beginning of a power transfer from US to China’ under Trump (VIDEO)
- CNN Fareed Zakaria rips Trump ‘He has succeeded by bullsh$tting’
- Senator Feinstein implies Trump may have to resign in Q&A with constituents
- Fox News Shepard Smith calls out Trump’s lie at joint US German briefing (VIDEO)
- Good Samaritan buys $749 ticket for dad’s toddler denied seat on airplane
- Robert Reich describes Trump’s actions as “An Orgy of Unnecessary Cruelty”
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Copyright 2017 Politics Done Right