Progressives must resist this coup by Donald Trump
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Happy New Year. It is the first Politics Done Right Show of the year. We are less than three weeks away from the effectuation of the coup by Donald Trump. I love the way Lee Camp said it.
“Trump is bringing in the best people to run our company,” Camp screamed. “Our company? It is supposed to be a country. .. These people, the parasitic business class of billionaire exploitation vampires have taken over. And it is evident they view this country, our country, as a company in which their task is to enrich themselves. The hostile corporate takeover is complete. … And what is a hostile takeover called when it is a country and not a company? It is a coup. … And don’t worry, I am not just laying this on the Republicans. The corporate Democrats are equally responsible. They just weren’t as obvious with it, weren’t as upfront about it. And this is one of the many reasons we have to keep fighting.”
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Former Bush Official: We may see this party having committed suicide (VIDEO)
- Wake up and smell the stink that is in your sofa
- Trump had a resonating message in press conference that will convince many
- Salem Witch Trials an analogy for removing all confederate statues
- Trump comes out swinging in interview defending Charlottesville white nationalists (VIDEO)
- Robert Reich: Making America Hate Again
- Trump’s infantile reaction to Merck’s black CEO resignation from his manufacturing council
- Trump’s foot was on that accelerator in Charlottesville
- Old must-see anti-fascist video still valuable in exposing those that divide us (VIDEO)
- Dear Fellow Lefties: Know Who the Real Enemy Is
- Fareed Zakaria slams Trump: guiding mantra not art of the deal but of the bluff (VIDEO)
- What are the solutions? Canada proves Americans’ gullibility is costing us dearly.
- Chuck Todd bails out Rich Lowry as Joy-Ann Reid schools on Alt-Right admin (VIDEO)
- Charlottesville Was Not a “Protest Turned Violent,” It Was a Planned Race Riot
- Trump’s going into war overdrive to get his poll numbers up
- Progressive Republican candidate attends liberal U.S. conference and does well (VIDEO)
- Netroots Nation 2017 Day 0, preparing for the big event (VIDEO)
- Steps we can take now to take back what was stolen from poor & middle-class (VIDEO)
- North Korea crossed Trump’s red line. What will the paper tiger do?
- Chuck Todd mostly right as he admonished a failed Democratic Leadership (VIDEO)
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Copyright 2017 Politics Done Right with Egberto Willies