Progressives must resist this coup by Donald Trump
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Happy New Year. It is the first Politics Done Right Show of the year. We are less than three weeks away from the effectuation of the coup by Donald Trump. I love the way Lee Camp said it.
“Trump is bringing in the best people to run our company,” Camp screamed. “Our company? It is supposed to be a country. .. These people, the parasitic business class of billionaire exploitation vampires have taken over. And it is evident they view this country, our country, as a company in which their task is to enrich themselves. The hostile corporate takeover is complete. … And what is a hostile takeover called when it is a country and not a company? It is a coup. … And don’t worry, I am not just laying this on the Republicans. The corporate Democrats are equally responsible. They just weren’t as obvious with it, weren’t as upfront about it. And this is one of the many reasons we have to keep fighting.”
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Houston women Austin bound to begin their resistance in the Trump era
- George Will on Donald Trump inaugural speech: A most dreadful inaugural address (VIDEO)
- The Life of the Party: 7 Truths Democrats better accept and act on now
- Robert Reich explains Trump and why he is the result of a failed political establishment
- Verbal fight breaks out between Senators Pat Roberts, Ron Wyden, & Sherrod Brown in hearings (VIDEO)
- Evangelical Christian quits over Obamacare: I discovered I could no longer believe any of it.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders grills HHS appointee as he evaded drug price controls (VIDEO)
- Senator Elizabeth Warren grills HHS nominee on unethical stock purchases (VIDEO)
- Sanders grills HHS nominee on health care as a right: We are not a compassionate society (VIDEO)
- Senator embarrasses Trump’s Education Appointee as incompetent with simple question (VIDEO)
- Obamacare popularity soars, Will Republicans repeal it now?
- Stephen Colbert rips GOP on Obamacare repeal ‘beautifully covered by 6 feet of dirt’ (VIDEO)
- CNN Jim Acosta justifiably slams MLK III for meeting with Trump (VIDEO)
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee comes out swinging at Obamacare rally (VIDEO)
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee interviewed at Houston rally to save Obamacare (VIDEO)
- Chuck Todd scrolls those attacked by Trump on Twitter, the new abnormal (VIDEO)
- Americans must stop suffering in silence if change is to come (VIDEO)
- Evanston police violently assault and arrest black man for stealing his own car (VIDEO)
- Tourism experts slam “bathroom bill” SB6 – Likely multi-billion dollar losses
- Famous member of congress does not see Trump as a legitimate president (VIDEO)
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Copyright 2017 Politics Done Right