Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: October 13th, 2016
Mike Pence, chief evangelical pied piper
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
We are going to have a great show. We will be talking about the GOP abuse of their evangelical voters and Republicans in general. Of course, we will discuss the election in general including why down ballot voting is just as important as the top of the ticket.
Please, folks, remember to vote early. You can vote early at any early voting location in Harris County irrespective of where you live. If you need to know where to vote got to harrisvotes.org. You can find voter ID information at harrisdemocrats.com/voter_photo_id. If you are in any other part of the state or the country you can start at coffeepartyusa.com/voteanyway.
But before I get into the show, I need to thank several donors to KPFT’s Politics Done Right.
Thank you donors,
- Bonnie Korman, New Member, from Tao,s New Mexico
- Zumaya Publications LLC of Austin, Texas
- Sashikanth Daharmannola, New Member, Houston, Texas
We are by necessity in another fund drive to keep this gem, KPFT 90.1 FM Houston on air. We need you to call (713)526-5738 and become a member, renew your membership, or simply give a contribution to ensure you keep an avenue open for progressive information flow, something sadly missing in our area and many areas throughout the country. You can also donate online to kpft.org.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley, Marlo Blue, & Gerry van Bakel every weekday at 8:00 AM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Conservative Joe Scarborough slams GOP & MAGA and praises Democratic successes better than most.
- AT LAST! California Gov. Gavin Newsom has a stark message for Democrats they better heed now.
- The statements from two economists prove our economic system is a failure to the middle class.
- Justice Alito mocks leaders on his Roe ruling, demonstrating he is but a political hack.
- Is nuclear energy an acceptable transfer energy source toward a completely green energy economy?
- The Ukraine / Russia war is used to expose the money grab all wars are.
- Herschel Walker’s son Christian Walker destroys him and calls out family values conservatives.
- Antiseptic Slavery defined: Why 80% of Americans are antiseptic slaves. 19% enforce it for the 1%
- Watch MSNBC panelist say Ginni Thomas is part of the demented fringe as he scourers her actions.
- He wants Beto O’Rourke disqualified for a name change. Why not Abbott for allowing Texans’ deaths?
- Truths about student loan debt, college costs, and corporate freeloading on the backs of students.￼
- Watch Prez Biden warns oil company thugs not to raise prices gouging Americans due to hurricane.
- Fmr. GOP Chair Michael Steele: Polls are wrong. There will be a pink wave. Dems to hold House.
- Even GOP operative Karl Rove thinks Texas Republicans are extremists and will pay the price.
- BOOOOM! Pete Buttigieg decimated Ron DeSantis at a Texas conference as no one else could.
- A Democratic candidate vying for Republican Gohmert’s seat’s hit w/ hate crime & cops were no help.
- Heitkamp dings Republican analyst: The good Trump policies you’re touting are Democratic policies
- COUNTRY OVER PARTY: Liz Cheney will support Democrats but goes much deeper!
- WARNING from Bill Clinton: ‘We can hold both houses.’ But remember, Republicans, know how to close.
- New Poll: Even many Republicans prefer the Democratic message. VOTE YOUR INTEREST!￼