Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: September 1st, 2016
Our government protects Apple over people?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
What a week. The presidential election is in full swing. But we have much more to talk about. Today we will talk about Trump’s disregard of the Latino vote even as he panders to all minorities. We will talk about the Europeans Union’s judgment against Ireland and Apple demanding that they pay back taxes and stop defrauding the Irish people. We will also touch on Colin Kaepernick’s brave protest against the National Anthem, the Star Spangled Banner, and the hoopla it created.
But first I want to remind you that just for three days we are having a mini fund drive. It is necessary because we came up short the last fund drive. So please call us now and make your contribution. Call (713) 526-5738 now. Or please contribute here online now at kpft.org.
I want to thank two wonderful members who contributed to Politics Done Right this week.
- William Hunn, Coach Bill of Houston is a renewing member. Thank you so kindly for you most generous donation.
- Norman Rennalls of Katy is also a renewing member. Thank you very much for your most generous contribution.
- James Ohmart of Houston is also a renewing member. Thank you very much for your most generous contribution.
Today, in-studio, we have Andrew Omondi, events director for Blaxxx Entertainment to discuss an eventful weekend, The Revolution weekend. Blaxx Entertainment’s mission promotes Black/African empowerment to members of the African diaspora in Texas, through the hosting of community-focused events that incorporate lectures, panel discussions, documentary film screenings, and networking mixers. Andrew Omondi, a passionate Pan Africanist, Entrepreneur, and local Houston Oil & Gas Mechanical Engineer ,serves as Event Director for Blaxxx Ent.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- Asamblea Popular de Houston, Thursday 7 PM on HD3. Today Wilson Juarez will be speaking about the Free Trade impact on immigration.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Truths about student loan debt, college costs, and corporate freeloading on the backs of students.￼
- Watch Prez Biden warns oil company thugs not to raise prices gouging Americans due to hurricane.
- Fmr. GOP Chair Michael Steele: Polls are wrong. There will be a pink wave. Dems to hold House.
- Even GOP operative Karl Rove thinks Texas Republicans are extremists and will pay the price.
- BOOOOM! Pete Buttigieg decimated Ron DeSantis at a Texas conference as no one else could.
- A Democratic candidate vying for Republican Gohmert’s seat’s hit w/ hate crime & cops were no help.
- Heitkamp dings Republican analyst: The good Trump policies you’re touting are Democratic policies
- COUNTRY OVER PARTY: Liz Cheney will support Democrats but goes much deeper!
- WARNING from Bill Clinton: ‘We can hold both houses.’ But remember, Republicans, know how to close.
- New Poll: Even many Republicans prefer the Democratic message. VOTE YOUR INTEREST!￼
- PERFECT CONTEXT! Ali Velshi continues telling the truth about a brutal British colonialist monarchy.
- Political consultant Jaime Rodriguez on message “pro-lifers” should heed. It’s us you agree with!
- President Biden holds a press conference to tout the railway union deal. But here is my take.
- Tiktoker getting $750K per post explains why our economic system is destined for failure.
- My visit to the dentist: Even in deep pain, I stormed out. I won’t let them use my pain to con me.
- WOW! Watch Andrea Mitchell school troglodyte George Will on why Biden invested in charge stations
- Royal Commentator’s statement must be dealt with for its callousness expressed kindly.
- Ali Velshi schools those glorifying the queen & monarchy on the stench of unatoned colonialism.
- FINALLY! Ali Velshi destroys a historian complaining when told the truth about Britain’s evil past.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s coverage: Unwarranted & undeserved, but it creates subservient populations.