Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: September 1st, 2016
Our government protects Apple over people?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
What a week. The presidential election is in full swing. But we have much more to talk about. Today we will talk about Trump’s disregard of the Latino vote even as he panders to all minorities. We will talk about the Europeans Union’s judgment against Ireland and Apple demanding that they pay back taxes and stop defrauding the Irish people. We will also touch on Colin Kaepernick’s brave protest against the National Anthem, the Star Spangled Banner, and the hoopla it created.
But first I want to remind you that just for three days we are having a mini fund drive. It is necessary because we came up short the last fund drive. So please call us now and make your contribution. Call (713) 526-5738 now. Or please contribute here online now at kpft.org.
I want to thank two wonderful members who contributed to Politics Done Right this week.
- William Hunn, Coach Bill of Houston is a renewing member. Thank you so kindly for you most generous donation.
- Norman Rennalls of Katy is also a renewing member. Thank you very much for your most generous contribution.
- James Ohmart of Houston is also a renewing member. Thank you very much for your most generous contribution.
Today, in-studio, we have Andrew Omondi, events director for Blaxxx Entertainment to discuss an eventful weekend, The Revolution weekend. Blaxx Entertainment’s mission promotes Black/African empowerment to members of the African diaspora in Texas, through the hosting of community-focused events that incorporate lectures, panel discussions, documentary film screenings, and networking mixers. Andrew Omondi, a passionate Pan Africanist, Entrepreneur, and local Houston Oil & Gas Mechanical Engineer ,serves as Event Director for Blaxxx Ent.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- Asamblea Popular de Houston, Thursday 7 PM on HD3. Today Wilson Juarez will be speaking about the Free Trade impact on immigration.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- No Car, No Vote: “Emergency” Georgia Registration Roadblock
- Answer to the Tucker Carlson lying attack on the 2020 Election, a traitor to the American people
- Trump ridicules Trump: Said a Biden win would crash the stock market over & over. This happened.
- Capitalist Competition Is Sabotaging the Race for a Vaccine | Common Dreams Views
- MSNBC Hallie Jackson destroys Trump enabling Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) for election charade.
- Appearance on the improv comedy show “Can’t Tell Us Nothing” discussing “It’s Worth It”
- Could Ted Cruz be this inept? This is what happens when the protagonists of misinformation believe it themselves.
- Staging a sabotage of voters’ rights
- Color of Change Heather McGhee has a poignant message to the White Trump supporter.
- Democratic Analyst Karen Finney outlasts a frazzled bully, Former GOP Governor Chris Christie.