Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: August 4th, 2016
Coffee Party USA Board of Directors converse on PDR
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we will discuss the upcoming election. The anger, animosity, lack of cordiality, lack of civility, lying, misogyny and just outright rude behavior are the main characteristics of this year’s election. What can be done about this? How can we engage the general population to ensure that people rise above to noise to ensure that they are voting in their own interest.
Today I am honored to have three guests. They are all Coffee Party USA members. Coffee Party USA is a transpartisan organizations whose tenets include getting money out of politics, Wall Street reform, and tax reform. The organization realized that only through dialogue these vital tenets that are needed to maintain our democracy can be realized.
I am honored to have Debilyn Molineaux, President of Coffee Party USA and managing partner of Living Room Conversations. Tim Danahey, a director at Coffee Party USA and radio show host of the Tim Danahey show. Bobby Rodrigo, a director of Coffee Party USA and operations director at the Tax Revolution institute.
But before we get started. Last week was fund drive week and I want to thank a few kind warriors who contributed to keeping Politics Done Right on air. We cannot bring truth absent your support.
Jew Don Boney, Houston, TX
Louise Davis, Los Angeles, CA
Richard,Allgier,Rosharon, TX – From Iowa Colony. Micky Mouse voter says “hi!”
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- Asamblea Popular de Houston, Thursday 7 PM on HD3. Today Wilson Juarez will be speaking about the Free Trade impact on immigration.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Princeton Professor on Obama-Buttigieg policies beyond identity “Same ol’, same ol'”
- What is the Degrowth movement all about and how can I get involved?
- Bragging McConnell & Hannity laugh at how he stopped Obama judge appointments
- Corporate Media using Labour Party defeat to smear progressives.
- Here’s a needed positive message that should be applied to so many issues.
- Make the stock market record highs and low unemployment Trump’s failure.
- Stock Market booming. Unemployment low. Yet there’s another sad reality for most.
- Watch Congressman callout MSNBC for fully airing Republican press conference of lies
- Finland is now led by women. And America is ready.
- Is it about self-government or just uniforms? Football anyone?