Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: July 6th, 2016
Police life and death power must be checked
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
How many more times will Politics Done Right have a show like this? We will have a show like this until it is no longer needed. Philando Castile is the latest casualty of our police one day after Alton Sterling was gunned down by yet another unhinged cop. Folks, these cops are our alter egos. After all, our police is a reflection of us all. They are our alter ego with the power to kill, with the power to maim, with the power to control.
Today we will talk about Philando Castile and Alton Sterling’s murder-by-cop and its implications. What can we do? What must we do?
As I perused Facebook last night I saw a video of one of Houston’s political figures addressing a group of young people protesting police brutality. I watched her give sound advice to these young folks just like she did with those of us at Occupy Wall Street in Tranquility Park back in 2011 when the police started to move in. Our special guest today is Former City Council Woman, Former University of Houston Track Star, Former Survivor participant, Current TV Star of the reality show Sisters in Law, Current Houston Independent School Board Member, and attorney Jolanda Jones.
I have to thank two online donors to Politics Done Rights.
- Louise Davis from Los Angeles California became a new member. Thank you for your generous donation.
- Jew Don Boney is a returning member from Houston, Texas. Thank you for your generous donation.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- Asamblea Popular de Houston, Thursday 7 PM on HD3. Today Wilson Juarez will be speaking about the Free Trade impact on immigration.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- The leaders of the Evangelical pews are no less corrupt than the one they support, Trump.
- Popping wheelies in a pandemic: Would be funny if it weren’t so tragic for us.
- Chuck Todd & George Stephanopoulos calls out Trump’s lying spokesmen.
- Ali Velshi strikes again with an economic truth seldom told on cable
- Biden’s Latino/African American gaffe was no gaffe at all. He’s right.
- Is it true that being around a waterfall makes you feel good?
- Pelosi hits back at MSNBC host about negotiations ‘It’s not just about dollars. It’s about values’
- Professor Dr. Eddie Glaude unloads on Trump’s silly claim about his works for black folk.
- New York NRA lawsuit: AG James accuses gun group execs of self-dealing
- Opinion | The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II – The New York Times