Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: May 19th, 2016
Sanders supporter Angie Morelli sets the record straight
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
When I heard about the ruckus at the Nevada Democratic Convention I had a bad feeling. I did not initially write about it because I was under the false hope that it would die. After-all, it is an isolated incident.There have been over 40 primaries/conventions and while some have been contentious, they were no different than in years past.
It was evident that some wanted to pin a negative narrative about the ruckus as a blanket description of the average Bernie Sanders supporter. Angie Morelli appeared on MSNBC. She was interviewed by Rachel Maddow. She gave an intelligent and articulate interview. The snippet that was used to be representative of the interview sadly maligned Sanders supporters.
We will discuss what happened in Nevada and how media manipulation can change reality and affect elections.
Listeners from Texas and from across the country, corporate media dominates from corporate dollars. Only you can keep truthful independent radio on air. Please consider keeping this show and radio station on air by calling us now or donating here or
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- Assamblea Popular de Houston, Thursday 7 PM on HD3 . Today Wilson Juarez will be speaking about the Free Trade impact on immigration.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Elizabeth Warren has a message to Democrats seeking the mythical center.
- Princeton Professor on Obama-Buttigieg policies beyond identity “Same ol’, same ol'”
- What is the Degrowth movement all about and how can I get involved?
- Bragging McConnell & Hannity laugh at how he stopped Obama judge appointments
- Corporate Media using Labour Party defeat to smear progressives.
- Here’s a needed positive message that should be applied to so many issues.
- Make the stock market record highs and low unemployment Trump’s failure.
- Stock Market booming. Unemployment low. Yet there’s another sad reality for most.
- Watch Congressman callout MSNBC for fully airing Republican press conference of lies
- Finland is now led by women. And America is ready.