Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: May 19th, 2016
Sanders supporter Angie Morelli sets the record straight
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
When I heard about the ruckus at the Nevada Democratic Convention I had a bad feeling. I did not initially write about it because I was under the false hope that it would die. After-all, it is an isolated incident.There have been over 40 primaries/conventions and while some have been contentious, they were no different than in years past.
It was evident that some wanted to pin a negative narrative about the ruckus as a blanket description of the average Bernie Sanders supporter. Angie Morelli appeared on MSNBC. She was interviewed by Rachel Maddow. She gave an intelligent and articulate interview. The snippet that was used to be representative of the interview sadly maligned Sanders supporters.
We will discuss what happened in Nevada and how media manipulation can change reality and affect elections.
Listeners from Texas and from across the country, corporate media dominates from corporate dollars. Only you can keep truthful independent radio on air. Please consider keeping this show and radio station on air by calling us now or donating here or
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- Assamblea Popular de Houston, Thursday 7 PM on HD3 . Today Wilson Juarez will be speaking about the Free Trade impact on immigration.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Zerlina Maxwell nails it again. A vote for Trump is one supporting racist policies.
- Israel bars Ilhan Omar & Rashida Tlaib from entering the country. Dissenting opinions not tolerated!
- Democrats winning Texas is not a pipe dream at all.
- Trump and GOP setting up the courts to rule after impending Progressive win
- Schooled my Right-Wing AK-47 touting caller on identity politics
- Gun touting Right-Wing guy calls to dispute my views of the U. S. Constitution
- A woman has already won U.S Presidency. We do not need a male savior.
- He died after losing his insurance and turning to a cheaper form of insulin
- Her ‘poor kid, not white’ Biden story shows the gravity of his Freudian Slip
- Watch Senator Sherrod Brown show Democrats how to shutdown reporters’ false equivalencies
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)