Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: May 26th, 2016
Health care, and the Democratic race
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we discuss two issues, the state of our health care system and the state of the race. Yes, I know I talk a lot about health care on Politics Done Right. Why? Because it is that important. There are new listeners every day. People get sick every day. Today many will face the pitfalls of our health care system. In my humble opinion, we cannot speak enough about the sad state of our health care system.
My special guest, Tim Danahey of the Tim Danahey Show. Tim Danahey is also a director at Coffee Party USA. His strength is to take complex subjects, talk with experts, and make them comprehensible and entertaining for average listeners. We will discuss both topics in detail.
But before I get into the meat of the show, I want to thank all of the donors to KPFT 90.1 FM and to Politics Done Right during our fund drive.
Most of our donations came at the end of the show. I want to thank the following most generous people.
- Ruben Gonzales from South Houston, Texas
- Doug Peters from Houston, Texas
- Allayne Kahan from Houston, Texas
- Salvador Perez from Spring, Texas
- Anonymous from Spring, Texas
- Evan McClanahan from Houston, Texas
- Victor Treviño from Houston, Texas
- Yohanna Marshall, new member from Arcola TX
We will discuss what happened in Nevada and how media manipulation can change reality and affect elections.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- Asamblea Popular de Houston, Thursday 7 PM on HD3. Today Wilson Juarez will be speaking about the Free Trade impact on immigration.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- False equivalences cause harm. Bill Maher irresponsibly used New Rules to slap the left about COVID
- BINGO! Panelist changed question. He scolded America’s willful denial of its white supremacist start
- Marjorie Taylor Greene scraps planned launch of controversial ‘America First’ caucus amid blowback from GOP – CNNPolitics
- Jen Psaki schools reporter wanting black Ambassador gone for owning our white supremacist genesis
- He did not comply, had a gun, threatened cops, drove off, wasn’t shot, is white. He lived!
- White Anti-Mask Driver Flees, Hits Cop ‘Hanging’ From Truck w/Hammer in Minnesota, And Isn’t Shot
- Appearance on Univision discussing Houston Peace & Justice Center & Black History Month
- How to talk to a Right-Wing friend who seems to want to prove you wrong.
- Mike Collier is not wasting any time in defeating Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. At Last!
- Forward the GOP white brigade
- Activist decimates American policing as a systemic problem fatal to black & brown bodies by design.
- MUST WATCH: Jake Tapper slams Right, their ‘bumbling treasonous fools’ CW generals worship, & more
- Black Army Lt. pulled over, terrorized, and beaten even though police knew he’d done nothing wrong
- What exactly is “climate feminism?
- What are the environmental pros and cons of so many of us relying on GPS apps
- Jen Psaki civilly lays waste to reporter as she schools him on Americans’ infrastructure wants
- Stephanie Ruhle keeps voter suppression in the forefront as guest dispels Right-Wing lies
- Obscene income inequality & wealth disparity is exposed as the pandemic shows how it has expanded
- Like mafia bosses, GOP tells donors they’ll tell Trump they are defectors if they don’t give monthly.
- Stephanie Kelton: Biden & Progressives can go bigger, but they must understand MMT & inflation