Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: May 12th, 2016
A sustainable progressive revolution requires patience and reality based pragmatism
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
The day after last week’s Politics Done Right, I flew to Washington DC to attend Move to Amend‘s National Leadership summit. While protests and rallies like Democracy Spring are great, much more is needed. I will address this in the blog of the week.
Later on, David Cobb, spokesperson for Move to Amend will talk about the event and where we need to go relative to movements that get us on the road to real progress.
As everyone knows by now, we are in fund drive at KPFT. I want to thank those who were kind enough to be a part of keeping progressive radio on air in Southeast Texas last week.
I want to give a big thank you to several people who have been very generous to Politics Done Right and KPFT 90.1 FM.
- Leah Adams from Houston Texas
- Carlos Barrera from Houston Texas
- Anonymous dear friend from Humble Texas
- James Jones from Houston Texas
- John Bendele from San Antonio Texas
- Joe Khorrami from Houston Texas
- Michael Jones from Cypress Texas
- James Bell from Marlow United Kingdom
I also want to provide a very thank you to
- Steve (Tigger) Teague from Pasadena Texas for his most generous contribution.
Listeners from Texas and from across the country, corporate media dominates from corporate dollars. Only you can keep truthful independent radio on air. Please consider keeping this show and radio station on air by calling us now or donating here or
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- MSNBC’s Ali Velshi calls out Fed Chairman Jerome Powell on ‘market fundamentally sound’
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin shows no concern for the working class
- American COVID-19 Capitalism: Trash bags for doctors & medical personnel protective clothing.
- The Case for Medicare for All: Why *Single-Payer* is absolutely necessary
- 3 Million Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Dinesh D’Souza taunts Blue States on COVID-19 infections & wanting handouts.
- HOW COVID-19 KILLS — I’m a Surgeon — And Why We Can’t Save You
- Coronavirus stimulus bill finally reached
- Right-Wing Host to 50+: Forget coronavirus. Go back to work. Save the economy.
- Steven Mnuchin to Nancy Pelosi: You’re quoting the Pope I’ll quote the markets.