Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: April 7th, 2016
Bernie Sanders will take it no more
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Bernie Sanders seems to be getting fed up with playing nice for party unity. Democrats have been led to believe that Sanders was just a left-wing incarnation of a wishlist while Hillary Clinton was the experienced one who knows how to get things done. Moreover, the spin is that there were just minor differences between the two and that Hillary Clinton as the electable one would have no problems getting the Sanders vote.
The problem is that Bernie Sanders started winning. We will discuss whether this means an implosion of the Democratic Party as well.
A few announcements:
The Lone Star College Center For Civic Engagement is proud to present the first annual Lone Star Book Festival.
Nationally and internationally known authors will come to LSC-Kingwood to speak to audiences about their ideas, meet with attendees, and sign copies of their works. With over 100 authors attending, the Lone Star Book Festival promises to be an exciting cultural event.
The Lone Star Book Festival is free and open to the public and takes place in Kingwood, Texas at the Lone Star College—Kingwood campus. The 2016 Festival will take place April 8-9 with additional special events that week.
If you require special assistance, please contact Disability Services.
Friday, April 8, 2016: Download the Friday Schedule
Saturday, April 9, 2016: Download the Saturday Schedule
Houston Chronicle articles: here and here.
Link to Artshound article: here
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- TX Democratic Lt. Gov. candidate Mike Collier leans into Abbott & Patrick’s weapons-of-war failure
- Indivisible Houston challenged Ted Cruz at Houston restaurant on background checks & blood money.
- AUDIO: NRA leaders called their members wackos, hillbillies, and idiots but love their money.
- Beto O’Rourke confronts Texas Governor Greg Abbott at his bloviating press conference.
- Joe Scarborough slams his old party: Wanna know why this is happening? It’s the Republicans!
- Journalist admits that capitalism is a failure for critical stuff but still blames the government?
- Media freak-out over the MYTHICAL CENTER fall in Pennsylvania. Neo-con and neo-liberal FAIL!
- Chou Surges, Briones Backpedals After Racist Hit Piece Upends Campaign
- Bush’s Freudian Slip: Similarities between Iraq & Ukraine wars with nonchalance coy disregard.
- PA Senate Candidate said Trump does not own MAGA: It’s Trump who adopted our MAGA values.
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock