Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: April 7th, 2016
Bernie Sanders will take it no more
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Bernie Sanders seems to be getting fed up with playing nice for party unity. Democrats have been led to believe that Sanders was just a left-wing incarnation of a wishlist while Hillary Clinton was the experienced one who knows how to get things done. Moreover, the spin is that there were just minor differences between the two and that Hillary Clinton as the electable one would have no problems getting the Sanders vote.
The problem is that Bernie Sanders started winning. We will discuss whether this means an implosion of the Democratic Party as well.
A few announcements:
The Lone Star College Center For Civic Engagement is proud to present the first annual Lone Star Book Festival.
Nationally and internationally known authors will come to LSC-Kingwood to speak to audiences about their ideas, meet with attendees, and sign copies of their works. With over 100 authors attending, the Lone Star Book Festival promises to be an exciting cultural event.
The Lone Star Book Festival is free and open to the public and takes place in Kingwood, Texas at the Lone Star College—Kingwood campus. The 2016 Festival will take place April 8-9 with additional special events that week.
If you require special assistance, please contact Disability Services.
Friday, April 8, 2016: Download the Friday Schedule
Saturday, April 9, 2016: Download the Saturday Schedule
Houston Chronicle articles: here and here.
Link to Artshound article: here
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- AOC destroys Arkansas Governor: Little to no support for life after birth in Arkansas.
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.
- LIVE: Documentary Series No Address Atlanta screening and Q&A session
- The wealthy shareholders and investors don’t care about you! Why I checked this listener.
- Stephanie Ruhle implores voters: Ask Republicans for their answer to inflation before a blind vote.
- Oil companies are fraudsters: They make record profits then blame Biden for ripping us off for it.
- Watch Starbucks CEO say he won’t work with unions for incoherent reasons. HUBRIS? My Take.
- There’s an oil glut, not a shortage. High prices are a worldwide fraud by corporations. Here’s why.
- Matthew Dowd: Do you really want to turn the country over to One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- REALLY! Fox News exposed former GOP Rep. Devin Nunes as he lied about Jan 6th ratings.
- Joe Scarborough excoriates Republicans for sticking with Trump as he pointed out their deeds were evil.
- Dr. Eddie Glaude calls out MAGA Republicans for what they are and urges the media to do the same.
- Economist calls out ‘Banana Republicans’ as responsible for much of America’s economic problems.
- Soon, you won’t own your homes. This system is killing home ownership and your future.
- Register Now For “Ask Egberto Anything”