Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: March 24th, 2016
Media coverage of most issues illustrates a derelict traditional mainstream media
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
It was a very tough week. There was another terrorist attack in Europe. But there have been many attacks just as substantial around the world that went virtually unnoticed. Media coverage in America is horrendous. It gives us a distorted view of the world and on the issues within our own country. We will discuss this today. We will also discuss a rather corrupt media that tries to shape the news. (e.g., New York times modifies a Bernie Sanders favorable article to make it much less favorable).
The Center For Civic Engagement would like to invite members of the LSC Community to a Public Forum on Inequality and Citizenship. The event will take place April 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the LSC-North Harris student services building.
Before I get to the program I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts. Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.
- The 11-year-old black kid who called 911 and was shot by a Mississippi cop is my fear and that of many.black kid
- Moms Demand Action presented a moving Memorial for Uvalde in Kingwood, Texas.
- Chris Hayes exposes why Republicans holding America hostage with the debt ceiling is a farce.
- TX AG Paxton to be impeached. 11-year-old shot by a cop. Chris Hayes exposes Debt Ceiling fraud.
- Moms Demand Action memorializes Uvalde. KAD President on TX Lege failure. GOP tanking economy
- We blow up the tax cuts myth & debt ceiling lies parroted by Freedom Caucus member Bob Good.
- The Republican Texas Legislature has become the American Taliban in its governing style.
- Texas Talibanization continues. Tax cut & debt ceiling lies debunked. We must save ourselves.
- Wallace & Glaude slams GOP attack on freedom. Evil chairman in a meek package. Colorado River.
- The youngest state Dem chair speaks. Markey urges the 14th Amendment. 60 Minutes exposes contractors.
- Ed Markey is correct—use the 14th Amendment. Work requirements to extend debt is letting bullies win.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene puts the life of a black Rep, Jamaal Bowman, at risk with a false accusation.
- A real Healthcare for All story. Healthcare for All is the only answer. Leave TikTok alone.
- Northeastern Action Collective urges Houston to solve BIPOC area flooding. Medicare for all is back.
- Michael Steele: MAGA losses are acceptable to them because they are playing the long game.
- WOW! A local TX TV station exposed the healthcare evil. Michael Steele: MAGA playing the long game
- Harris County Attorney Christian Menefee on Texas Legislature attacks. Inconvenient truths about the GOP.
- Helen Gym, a Progressive to watch, was poised to become mayor of Philadelphia had voters showed up!
- Let Corps pay for inflation. Katy Tur humanizes immigration. MSM finally reports inflation is down.
My Other Posts At DailyKOS.com
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)