Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: January 7th, 2016
2nd Amendment Right to have guns means nothing to some
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we will speak about guns, safety, open carry, and privilege. There is so much happening in this country around guns and the damage it is effecting not only physically but emotionally. It is ripping at the fabric of our democracy. While many misinterpret the 2nd Amendment, lives are lost. Very few are willing to confront the NRA and what it really represents, a bully backed by armed and many that are misled with plausible misinformation.
Before I get busy I have some special thank yous I must give.
I want to give a big thank you to several people who have been very generous to Politics Done Right and KPFT 90.1 FM.
- Alice Lively, is new member from Kingwood TX gave us a very generous contribution.
- Gary Binderim, a returning member from Kingwood TX gave us a very generous contribution.
- Augustine Gaona, a returning member from Houston TX gave us a very generous contribution.
- John Cotter, a new member from Kingwood TX gave us a very generous contribution.
Before I get to the program I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activists my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music, to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- What is a “pollinator lawn” and how can I make one in my backyard?
- Will Barr Get Away With Covering Up Treason for HW Bush, Reagan & Now Trump?
- Chuck Todd meticulously destroys the Republican Party. They’ll implode, or the country will.
- How Do We Stop Corporations From Shoving Fascism Down Our Throats?
- Mitch McConnell has proven we must believe him at his word. Democrats better act accordingly!
- MSNBC host uses her good fortune to blast America’s draconian family leave & other social policies
- Biden blinks, Progressive’s fight to #FreeTheVaccine may yet save the world and the rest of us.
- White privilege fails to protect woman who follows Black delivery driver yelling racial slurs
- Why McConnell Is About to Destroy the GOP
- Nomadland Exposes the Middle-Class Rip-Off
- What’s the latest on hydrogen-powered fuel cells?
- Increasing Desperation as the U.S. Capitalist System Declines
- Oops! Republican Projection: Man convicted of voter fraud in PA voted for Trump & more to come
- This McConnell statement a green light to write the jobs/infrastructure/family bills Americans want
- SHOCKED! ThisWeek’s Martha Raddatz stopped lie-in-progress from prolific Republican lying Senator
- Republican: Biggest anti-democratic force in this country & biggest danger to our Republic is the GOP
- Tiffany Cross: Tim Scott embarrassingly on the wrong side of history. Two sides to every token. OUCH!
- Is there any future for small residential wind turbines as we transition to more renewable forms of energy?
- WOW! Chuck Todd dings lying Republican Rep: While GOP controlled all of the government ‘Debt Skyrocketed’
- Oops! White House Chief of Staff threw shade at Sen Tim Scott’s presidential address response. Deep!