Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: January 14th, 2016
Hillary Clinton attack on single-payer wrongheaded
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Today we talk about the recent attack by Hillary Clinton on Bernie Sanders’ single-payer health care plan. Many of us do not use our medical system because we have not had to. As such, much is theoretical when we speak about health care. The problem is the few times it is needed, for most it can be the time when one realizes how screwed up it really is.
Before I get to the program I have a few announcements.
- The Secular Social Justice Conference will be held at Rice University’s Sewall Hall, Saturday and Sunday January 30th and 31st. If you are interested in fighting for social justice in communities of color visit http://www.secularsocialjustice.com for more information or contact Donald Wright at (281) 782 -0729
- There will be a Bernie Sanders Pep Rally featuring David Rovic on January 29th, 2016 at EL CHE CAFE, 3100 McKinney (Bernard Sampson’s warehouse, corner of McKinney and Palmer, entrance on Palmer) (See Facebook event here)
Before I get to the blog of the week, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activists my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music, to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- No Car, No Vote: “Emergency” Georgia Registration Roadblock
- Answer to the Tucker Carlson lying attack on the 2020 Election, a traitor to the American people
- Trump ridicules Trump: Said a Biden win would crash the stock market over & over. This happened.
- Capitalist Competition Is Sabotaging the Race for a Vaccine | Common Dreams Views
- MSNBC Hallie Jackson destroys Trump enabling Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) for election charade.
- Appearance on the improv comedy show “Can’t Tell Us Nothing” discussing “It’s Worth It”
- Could Ted Cruz be this inept? This is what happens when the protagonists of misinformation believe it themselves.
- Staging a sabotage of voters’ rights
- Color of Change Heather McGhee has a poignant message to the White Trump supporter.
- Democratic Analyst Karen Finney outlasts a frazzled bully, Former GOP Governor Chris Christie.