Corrine Brown’s redistricting story affect us all
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
A story appeared in my Facebook feed that drew my attention. It was a piece by Roland Martin on NewsOne Now. The story was explosive for many reasons. I waited to see if it would get major coverage on any of the networks. If it did, I did not see it.
One thing for sure is that the story is at the core of our Democracy. Yet Donald Trump’s shenanigans took precedence.
Before I go to the blog of the week I have a few house keeping issues to take care of.
Firstly, I want to thank some generous people who have pledged to KPFT on behalf of Politics Done Right.
- Anonymous (3)
Rest assured KPFT will be good stewards of your donations and membership to this station. Please continue to pledge as the fund drive is still active and we are way behind. You can pledge here -> (https://pledge.kpft.org/index.php?id=polright).
Secondly, everyone that can hear me over the air should consider the following.
The Houston Peace and Justice Center’s annual Peacemaker Awards Dinner is Saturday, Nov. 14. Investigative Journalist Chris Hedges, who you’ve heard multiple times on KPFT, will receive HPJC’s national peacemaker award and give the keynote address at the dinner. Three local peacemakers will also receive awards and give brief presentations. In addition, Sissy Farenthold is hosting a special reception for Hedges and the local peacemakers at her home, the afternoon before the dinner. Advance reservations are required, and limited seats are available. Go to http://www.hpjc.org/dinner2015 for more details and to get tickets for the dinner and reception.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. Give me a call, listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Watch Fox News Host Maria Bartiromo exploded when former Trumpist Alan Dershowitz defended Biden.
- Watch Beto O’Rourke slam an Abbott-supporting heckler
- My listener’s $880 glasses devolved into this necessary healthcare rant.
- My listener’s ‘Defund Capitalism’ statement elicited this response. What are your thoughts?
- TX Gov. Greg Abbott basks in his evil deeds as NYC Mayor Eric Adams shows compassion to his victims.
- Fox News panel explodes as panelist points out that crime is higher in the Red States than in the Blue States.
- CNN interview between Sens. Blumenthal & Graham a disaster for Democrats. He should’ve said this.
- The FBI is raiding Donald Trump’s home at Mar-o-Lago. The alleged Criminal In Chief may pay now!
- Reporter: The more Trump wins, the more Republicans are poised to lose!
- Dem strategist on winning: GOP giving gifts. Message Republican Party as wacko party & then …￼
- Kansas defied polls, voted in droves, and protected women’s rights. WOMEN WON!
- Former CNN Host Rick Sanchez: An empowering message of professional rebirth after an unfair firing.
- Fmr GOP strategist: Fist-bumping Senators after denying healthcare shows a moral collapse of the GOP
- Fmr. VP’s Chief of Staff shades Matt Gaetz for dissing Pence: He’ll be in prison by 2024.
- LIES EXPOSED ON VIDEO: Trump officials lie on Fox News about Jan 6 but truthful to Senate Committee
- Donny Deutsch: You got to scare the hell out of people about Republicans’ level of crazy & insanity.
- Larry Summers’ inflation & employment statement proves we have a defective & evil economic system.
- The economy does much better under Democrats than Republicans. Why the professors’ hesitation, then?
- Stephanie Ruhle exposes Trump and GOP comical revisionist history about Trump’s economy.
- Buttigieg to Rubio: if you have time to fight Disney, have it to safeguard families like mine.