Listen: 90.1 FM Houston – Call: (713) 526-5738 Live stream: KPFT.org (Entire USA) – Podcasts: Show Date: July 9th, 2015 – 3:00 PM Central
The Greek people stepped out on principle
I will be frank. I was into the Greek referendum as if it were a referendum here in the United States of America. You see if the Greek had succumb to the fascist extortion by Germany and the Troika then it would have been tantamount to the distressed throughout the world acquiescing to the worldwide plutocracy. It would have meant that even after massive suffering effected by the policies of a failed worldwide economic system, the masses were too scared to make their demands.
The Greek did not blink. They did not bluff. They did not allow themselves to cower. They knew it would be difficult. But they said no. Can America learn something from this? Yes we can.
What do you think. Let’s talk about it.
Let’s get busy. Give me a call at (713) 526-5738. That is 713-526-KPFT. Remember you can also send me a tweet to @egbertowillies. Let us engage. It is politics done right.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Breaking: South Carolina votes to remove Confederate flag
- Republican State Rep Jenny Horne ‘Remove this flag and do it today!’ (VIDEO)
- Delusional Donald Trump thinks he has the votes of Latinos (VIDEO)
- Trading Suspended at New York Stock Exchange From Apparent Technical Issue
- Wealthy should listen to Patriotic Millionaires lest middle-class wrath awaken (VIDEO)
- Still defending Bill Cosby? | Editorial
- Founders’ intentions got redistricted right off the map by John Young
- Who is the real slacker, Germany or Greece? (VIDEO)
- Bernie Sanders full Speech in Portland Maine compressed (VIDEO)
- Bernie Sanders does it again as he calls out corporate media (VIDEO)
- Struggling Americans must emulate the signal sent by the Greeks (VIDEO)
- Kingwood Area Democrats in 2015 4th of July Parade (VIDEO)
- Journalist to Chuck Todd: ‘I actually see Trump and Sanders as mirror images of each other’ (VIDEO)
- What Can We Learn From Denmark? by Bernie Sanders
- Democrats regain the lead over Republicans in Party Affiliation. Why?
- Obama slams Scott Walker with Minnesota vs Wisconsin middle-class economics vs trickle-down comparison (VIDEO)