Listen: 90.1 FM Houston – Call: (713) 526-5738 Live stream: KPFT.org (Entire USA) – Podcasts: Show Date: June 25th, 2015 – 3:00 PM Central
An interview with Jack Hunter on his change of heart
Jack Hunter was an aide to Republican Presidential candidate Rand Paul. He helped Rand Paul write his book “The Tea Party Goes to Washington“. He resigned from Rand Paul’s staff when it was revealed that he was the Confederate Flag mask wearing Southern Avenger, the radio personality that espoused racist views on a local South Carolina station.
This week Jack Hunter penned a mea culpa in The Daily Beast titled “The ‘Southern Avenger’ Repents: I Was Wrong About the Confederate Flag”. His piece was the talk on just about every cable and broadcast news network. I read it and simply said I hope he really gets it and that was that.
I then watched Jack Hunter’s interview on All In with Chris Hayes. The bell went off in my head. I do not know Jack Hunter’s heart. All anyone can know going forward are his deeds. And if the reformed Southern Avenger who had a mindset that is still prevalent in this country can be a conduit for positive change, then I am willing to try.
Chris Hayes interviews Jack Hunter on All In
Jack Hunter is now the Editor at Rare.us. As a political operative, editor, and writer he has a platform from which he can atone, persuade, and educate. His recent writings reveal a good start. He went against the ill willed conservative response to the officer abuse of the 14 year old black girl in McKinney, Texas. One hopes Jack will continue to make his new enlightenment a cause célèbre and work within his domain to help heal and make a better country.
What do you think. Let’s talk about it.
Let’s get busy. Give me a call at (713) 526-5738. That is 713-526-KPFT. Remember you can also send me a tweet to @egbertowillies. Let us engage. It is politics done right.
Jack Hunter – from Southern Avenger to Southern Atoner
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Hate group leader slammed on CNN for saying removing Confederate flag Is cultural genocide (VIDEO)
- Bill O’Reilly almost pops a vein when asked if he has any black friends (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart calls out Fox News complaints about Charleston narrative using their own footage (VIDEO)
- Rachel Maddow connects the dots of some in the Republican Party affiliated with hate group that inspired Dylann Roof (VIDEO)
- Is Karl Rove advocating the repeal of the 2nd Amendment to stop gun violence? (VIDEO)
- Chuck Todd called out on air for showcasing black gun convicts in a week white gunman killed many (VIDEO)
- AME Church Massacre Terrorist Dylann Roof Manifesto allegedly found
- Joy Ann Reid schools Ann Coulter on Real Time with Bill Maher (VIDEO)