This week all the traditional mainstream media descended on Baltimore. There was a comment by protester Danielle Williams to MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts that exposed the dereliction of duty by the traditional mainstream media. She said the following.
“My question to you is, when we were out here protesting all last week for six days straight peacefully, there were no news cameras, there were no helicopters, there was no riot gear, and nobody heard us,” Danielle Williams said. “So now that we’ve burned down buildings and set businesses on fire and looted buildings, now all of the sudden everybody wants to hear us. Why does it take a catastrophe like this in order for America to hear our cry?” she continued. “I mean, enough is enough. We’ve had too many lives lost at the hands of police officers. Enough is enough.”
There is much within that statement.
What do you think. Let’s talk about it.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hash-tag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter. Give me a call.
Jon Stewart explains Baltimore riots better than most
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Baltimore protester Danielle Williams gives MSNBC Thomas Roberts and media a tongue lashing (VIDEO)
- Bill Maher guest D.L. Hughley puts Iraq War neocon on the spot (VIDEO)
- Mugshots of Baltimore police officers that killed Freddie Gray
- Six Baltimore police officers charged for killing Freddie Gray (VIDEO)
- Vote for a Netroots Nation 2015 scholarship for EgbertoWillies.com
- Why should a 16 year old kid have this burden?
- Rep Alan Grayson explains why free trade (TPP) must end (VIDEO)
- Fox News Geraldo Rivera confronted by Baltimore activist (VIDEO)
- BIG NEWS from Move to Amend – We the People Amendment introduced
- Jon Stewart explains the Baltimore political & media fraud (VIDEO)
- Changing the Conversation (Part 1) by Dan Aronson
- Baltimore activist slams CNN’s condescending Wolf Blitzer (VIDEO)
- The Baltimore riots within the context of White Privilege by Cody Pogue
- Fox News’ Shepard Smith slams cohosts covering Baltimore riots (VIDEO)
- Our activism is working and working well
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch swearing in ceremony (VIDEO)
- Is this an example of a legal loan rip off of the poor & middle-class
- SNL’s Cecily Strong hits hard at White House Correspondents’ Dinner (VIDEO)
- President Obama slammed media & Right Wing at the 2015 White House Correspondents’ Dinner (VIDEO)
- Lawrence Lessig & Van Jones urge Elizabeth Warren to run (VIDEO)
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)