Listen: 90.1 FM Houston – Call: (713) 526-5738 Live stream: KPFT.org (Entire USA) – Podcasts: Show Date: February 16th, 2015 – 9:00 PM Central
Labor Unions must make a comeback
Last week I went to a function at the Harris County Democratic Party. A young speaker at the event spent about half a hour talking about the United Steelworkers Union strike against 11 refineries including Royal Dutch Shell and LyondellBasell in the Houston Area.
I read a lot of news. Why is this news not widely out there. At a time when we are constantly talking about income inequality and wealth disparity one would think it would be covered. At a time when labor unions are in decline, how is it not news?
What do you think. Let’s talk about it.
Let’s get busy. Give me a call at (713) 526-5738. That is 713-526-KPFT. Remember you can also send me a tweet to @egbertowillies. Let us engage. It is politics done right.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Ted Cruz has an even chance to win Republican Presidential nomination?
- John Fugelsang uses Jon Stewarts’s departure to explain Liberals (VIDEO)
- We need strikes, labor unions, and YOU to restore the middle-class
- ‘Fox News North’ is officially off the air
- Sometimes it simply is the weeding out of the posers
- Bill Maher slams Brian Williams and the evening news harshly (VIDEO)
- Farris Barakat, brother of murdered UNC Muslim student Deah Barakat does not blame atheists (VIDEO)
- Great News! An oil company concerned about climate change.
- Don’t forget the ‘atheist’ part about the man who killed three Muslims in NC
- Congressman warns about an outcome of Obamacare GOP will cause but not like (VIDEO)
- Transcript of President Obama’s address to the nation on AUMF & ISIL (VIDEO)
- Virtual media silence after 3 American Muslims murdered? (VIDEO)
- NBC Anchor Brian Williams suspended without pay (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart epic slam of the Mainstream Media News in Brian Williams lie (VIDEO)
- President Obama’s job creation numbers approaching Bill Clinton’s (VIDEO)
- Texans demand their participation in selection of new President of the Federal Reserve of Dallas
- You will not refuse the Tar Sands Mafia
- Conservative Columnist David Brooks comes out swinging in support of Obama’s Prayer Breakfast statements (VIDEO)
- This Obama speech put fear into Right Wing Evangelical leaders (VIDEO)