Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: November 5th, 2015
The interview on the election starts at 26 Minutes 57 second mark
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
I was honored to be on KPFT Open Journal with KPFT General Manager Duane Bradley and Marlo Blue. Both were feeling the pain of the slaughter that Democrats and Progressives took in the 2014 Midterm election.
We discussed what happened here in Texas as well as throughout the country. We discussed possible solutions to get more progressives elected.
Democrats need to start acting like Democrats instead of attempting to be Republican lite. Citizens need to know who they are voting for. They need to know that there is a difference. Otherwise they feel there is no reason to spend the time to vote.
Over the last few days Bill Maher spoke about the timidity of Democrats running away from the President. Jon Stewart had great skit about Democrats not running on the Democratic successes. Jimmy Williams spoke about the failure of Democrats to speak to dissected White Southerners.
Before I get to the program I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activists my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music, to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the week
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- BINGO! Pete Buttigieg is the best Biden spokesperson. He knocks out the Biden age question, then …
- Biden gives the appropriate Trump-like answer on blame for inflation on his Jobs Report victory lap.
- Great jobs report too good for the workers. Another POC murdered by cop. Ilhan Omar double standard
- Rep. Ilhan Omar’s defiant speech before being voted off the Foreign Affairs committee by MAGA GOP
- Our personal economic success depends on unchaining our minds from what we have learned.
- Caller hangs up after I destroyed his defense of inhumane oil companies; a meaningful argument.
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.