Call: (713) 526-5738 – Live stream: KPFT (Entire USA)
Radio Show Date: July 28th, 2014
Journalist Rula Jebreal was banned from MSNBC for telling the truth
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Rula Jebreal will be the featured guest on Politics Done Right. Rula Jebreal is a journalist, a commentator, and author of Miral, a novel translated into 15 languages, that sold millions of copies worldwide and a film that was the first ever premiered in the UN General Assembly Hall. She also authored the International Fince Europa Award winning book The Bride of Aswan that was translated into 5 languages. Her third book, Rejected is a non-fiction about immigration in Europe. She wrote and produced the film Permesso di Soggiorno about the death penalty in China, the United States, and Iran during the UN debate on the death penalty in 2008.
Rula Jebreal is the brave journalist that had the spine to go into a mainstream media studio, an MSNBC studio and speak the truth at her own peril. While concurrently writing an article on the refugee crisis on the Texas border and listening to Ronan Farrow Daily on MSNBC, I listened somewhat inattentively as Rula Jebreal gave a spirited narrative on the biased coverage given to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. I had not heard such a brave defense and pushback on MSNBC or on any other network. I immediately stopped what I was doing, recorded the interview, and edited it for Internet consumption. I knew the traditional mainstream media would attempt to make it a one day story. The blogosphere would not.
I immediately wrote that I wondered how much longer before her appearances on TV would end. It would not be long as Rula Jebreal tweeted a message soon after stating all of her TV appearances were cancelled. Interestingly, she appeared one more time on MSNBC’s All In with Chris Hayes in what seemed to be MSNBC’s attempt to clean up the incident but instead proved her point. Rula Jebreal would have none of it as she was strict to journalistic form in combating Chris Hayes’ uncharacteristically shallow defense of the biased traditional mainstream media coverage.
Rula Jebreal is a real unbiased journalist unlike most. She has a story to tell the Metropolitan Houston area’s 6 million people and many more streaming and podcasting on the Internet throughout the country and the world.
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, AfroCuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music, to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hashtag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the week
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.