Many Red States are falling prey to Right-Wing think and just as they killed many of their citizens with ACA expansion denial it will with COVID-19 irresponsibility. Is the stimulus all that it should be?
We are currently in disaster capitalism mode. A pandemic exacerbated by an flawed economic system and said system’s attempt to stay alive by forcing government policies to support it at the expense of the masses. That is why Red State governors, and the Right-Wing are vocal with their back to work no closure announcements and so much more.
- Is it time to socialize our hospitals for the COVID-19 direction?
- Are we about to go into depression?
- The looting of America.
- Drug company forced to back down from monopoly on government funded promising COVID-19 drug.
- Trump’s Job Approval almost 50% and he is tracking upward.
- NTNU in Norway Warns about Coronavirus, the United States’ Healthcare and Infrastructure
- New Polling Shows Widespread US Public Support for Paid Sick Leave, Medicare for All to Fight Coronavirus
COVID-19 must be an economic teaching tool.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Foreclosure King’ Steve Mnuchin Says Never-Before-Seen Surge in Unemployment ‘Not Relevant’ COVID-19
“They’re going to give nearly unchecked power to dole out trillions of dollars to a guy who just called over 3 million new unemployment claims ‘not relevant.'”
Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, the former Goldman Sachs banker Congress is about to entrust with overseeing a $4.5 trillion corporate bailout fund, said Thursday that the record-shattering surge in jobless claims last week due to the coronavirus crisis is “not relevant” to the health of the economy and insisted that businesses will soon be able to “hire back those people.”
Asked about the news Thursday that 3.3 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week, Mnuchin said in an appearance on CNBC that President Donald Trump is “protecting those people.”
“To be honest with you I just think these numbers right now are not relevant,” said Mnuchin, showing what critics denounced as a callous lack of regard for the economic pain of millions of people.
“They’re going to give nearly unchecked power to dole out trillions of dollars to a guy who just called over 3 million new unemployment claims ‘not relevant,'” tweeted progressive talk show host John Iadarola.
Mnuchin said he hopes “those workers will be rehired” and pointed to temporary protections for the unemployed in the stimulus legislation that passed the Senate Wednesday night.
🚨🚨🚨 A record number of Americans — over 3 million — have now filed for unemployment.— Andrew Bates (@AndrewBatesNC) March 26, 2020
But Donald Trump's Treasury secretary just told the country that "these numbers right now are not relevant."
Try telling that to any one of the 3.28 million people who've lost their jobs. pic.twitter.com/BwTjISHU8Q
Read My Current Blog Posts
- What is a so-called “passive solar” house and can I retrofit my existing house accordingly?
- Build the wall — at Texas’ entry to New Mexico
- CNN Tapper pressures Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves on Trump election conspiracy theory, FAIL!
- CNN: Tapper & ABC: Raddatz grilled Sen. Joe Manchin with inconvenient questions & got naive
- Chuck Todd schools Senator Manchin: Filibuster was never an idea of the Founding Fathers.
- Texas PUC admits ripping off Texans during Electric Grid freeze and all but tells them to suck it up.
- How to resolve “Your content violated YouTube’s Community Guidelines and has been removed”
- WH Press Sec. Jen Psaki throws the bipartisanship question back at Republicans. You are the outliers
- This! Hallie Jackson blows holes into Republican Senator Braun’s COVID bill objections in real-time
- After explaining Medicare For All to Right-Winger w/o using its name, she blurted: You are so nice!
- Discussing race, ethnicity, differences, & equality in America at a Living Room Conversations event
- AOC is right. Giving Relief Checks to Fewer People Than Trump Would Be Nonsensical. Here is why!
- “Callous?!” Look in the Mirror, Gov. Abbott – Charlotte Vaughan Coyle
- Texas Gov. Abbott’s “Neanderthal Thinking” may be an attempt to sabotage Biden’s COVID success.
- Deregulation always benefits – somebody
- Every Democrat must use these selective words about the insurrection enablers this Congressman used
- Republican Senator who voted to convict Trump threw him further under the bus, implying he’s a loser.
- Why not supporting massive minimum wage increases is the sanctioning of wage theft.
- Is GOP Senator implying a large number of Republican COVID Relief Bill supporters are freeloaders?
- Jen Psaki squashes mainstream media pushing the Republican narrative on the COVID Relief Bill.