Donald Trump’s State of the Union was a farce that could work if Democrats do not come out and address it forcefully — not just the lies but the sentiment.
Nancy Pelosi’s reaction to Trump’s State of the Union speech was important and necessary.
She showed a strength that other Democrats must necessarily see as leaning into Trump as opposed to fearing and timidly tiptoeing around him and his constituents.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Trump Is Getting a Little Bit Nervous,’ Says Sanders Campaign as GOP Plots Anti-Bernie ‘Victims of Socialism’ Videos
“The president’s campaign is quickly realizing that the only way to attack someone who spent his entire life standing with the working class is to lie.”
President Donald Trump’s 2020 reelection team is reportedly developing an anti-Bernie Sanders attack strategy that could include videos highlighting so-called “victims of socialism,” a plan Sanders’ presidential campaign viewed as evidence Trump is worried about facing the Vermont senator in the November general election.
The Daily Beast reported Wednesday that the Trump campaign, Republican National Committee (RNC), and other right-wing allies of the president are “gaming out various attacks and troll tactics to deploy against the Vermont senator in a potential general election face-off.”
“One of the major ideas being kicked around,” according to The Daily Beast, “is to deploy more ‘victims of socialism’ and communist regimes to make the case—via video testimonials—against Sanders’ vision of governance.”
Sanders, who identifies as a democratic socialist, has pointed to Scandinavian countries like Denmark and Norway—which consistently rank among the happiest in the world—as more just nations that the U.S. should seek to emulate.
The Daily Beast reported that Trump “privately said late last year that he wanted to see an onslaught of TV content and ads that colorfully paired Sanders with hammer-and-sickle iconography.”
Mike Casca, a spokesperson for the Sanders campaign, told The Daily Beast that the president’s plan to red-bait the Vermont senator shows “Donald Trump is getting a little bit nervous about facing Sen. Sanders in a general election.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Will the internet army save Putin’s Pet troll?
- Bernie Sanders Can’t Win (by as Much) Unless Youth Vote Surges (Like It Recently Has)
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.