Millions of Americans are in pain as our healthcare system either kills them or transfers their assets to the healthcare industrial complex causing many to go bankrupt.
The disaster that is our healthcare system hit home once again.
I have been navigating our evil healthcare system for decades. Having a wife with Lupus and being self-employed means you are a sucker to the insurance industry and the healthcare industrial complex. Obamacare was a temporary reprieve. But as any law written by the industry, it began to morph into an unaffordable morass once again. A Trumpist friend of mine who has no faith in the system as she is living through the inability to use Obamacare is proof positive why if progressives are to expand the base, timidity and the appeasement of the industry is no answer.
On Christmas, my family had its second healthcare blow. You see my mother-in-law got a massage stroke. She passed away last week. But when we believed she was going to make it however incapacitated, the picture we saw ahead was severe financial strain including her having to lose everything. Later in the show, I will tell the story.
Yesterday I received two calls from listeners to Politics Done Right daily that broke my heart and almost brought me to tears. I will bring those two stories to you as well.
Her breast cancer shows American Healthcare evil
His mother chose not to give the assets to the healthcare industrial complex
Our Evil Healthcare System
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Will the internet army save Putin’s Pet troll?
- Bernie Sanders Can’t Win (by as Much) Unless Youth Vote Surges (Like It Recently Has)
- Egberto Willies & Leyla Martinez interviewed after Bernie Nevada win
- Does the design of corporations make them inherently untrustable as they enrich a select few?
- Krystal Ball outs Establishment rigged debate audience
- Is switching from meat to edible insects for protein needs a viable way to curb carbon emissions?
- The Bloomberg Freudian slip: He bought Democratic politicians
- Former Trump supporter now supporting Bernie because of healthcare
- Listen to Bloomberg trash his own Obama 2012 endorsement
- Rally Cry for the Resistance: It’s time to bet on us.