I met Republican Bill Shireman, President & CEO of Future 500 at the Bridge Alliance Conference in Washington DC. The conversation was prescient.
I was very impressed with this Republican.
It is not that I agreed with Bill Shireman. It was that we could have a conversation that could lead somewhere. He listened. I listened. No one had to deny their values. The deal was how can I integrate values such that there is a workable solution. And it is more than compromise.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Vast majority of Americans are actually united around key issues Democrats are pushing in 2020
Want some good news? Outside of Donald Trump, American voters actually share a great number of policy goals being pushed by Democratic candidates, according to new polling conducted for the Center for American Progress and Health Care for America Now by the firm GBAO.
“When it comes to basic attitudes about the economy and public policy—disconnected from the president himself—the study finds wider consensus around the need for active governmental policies to reduce poverty and expand economic opportunity, address health care access and costs, improve education and infrastructure, curb corporate power, and tax the super wealthy,” the Center for American Progress writes in a new report on the findings.
As the Washington Post notes, 70% or more of American voters, including GOP majorities, support the following sentiments:
- Getting a college education is too costly and states should work to make college more affordable
- Wealthy families and corporations should be paying a lot more in taxes while middle-class families should be paying less
- People without employer-based health care should have the option of buying into a public plan
- We should spur job creation through a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan that includes investing in traditional construction projects such as roads and bridges and the expansion of green energy production
- We should reduce poverty by ensuring that all families have access to basic needs such as health care, food, and housing if their wages are too low or they can’t make ends meet
- We should curb income inequality with 2% wealth tax on net worth exceeding $50 million
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.