I met Republican Bill Shireman, President & CEO of Future 500 at the Bridge Alliance Conference in Washington DC. The conversation was prescient.
I was very impressed with this Republican.
It is not that I agreed with Bill Shireman. It was that we could have a conversation that could lead somewhere. He listened. I listened. No one had to deny their values. The deal was how can I integrate values such that there is a workable solution. And it is more than compromise.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Vast majority of Americans are actually united around key issues Democrats are pushing in 2020
Want some good news? Outside of Donald Trump, American voters actually share a great number of policy goals being pushed by Democratic candidates, according to new polling conducted for the Center for American Progress and Health Care for America Now by the firm GBAO.
“When it comes to basic attitudes about the economy and public policy—disconnected from the president himself—the study finds wider consensus around the need for active governmental policies to reduce poverty and expand economic opportunity, address health care access and costs, improve education and infrastructure, curb corporate power, and tax the super wealthy,” the Center for American Progress writes in a new report on the findings.
As the Washington Post notes, 70% or more of American voters, including GOP majorities, support the following sentiments:
- Getting a college education is too costly and states should work to make college more affordable
- Wealthy families and corporations should be paying a lot more in taxes while middle-class families should be paying less
- People without employer-based health care should have the option of buying into a public plan
- We should spur job creation through a trillion-dollar infrastructure plan that includes investing in traditional construction projects such as roads and bridges and the expansion of green energy production
- We should reduce poverty by ensuring that all families have access to basic needs such as health care, food, and housing if their wages are too low or they can’t make ends meet
- We should curb income inequality with 2% wealth tax on net worth exceeding $50 million
Read My Current Blog Posts
- BOOYAH: She is Right! We are slaves to a Constitution written by a tiny group of slave owners.
- European Union Parliament Member ridicules our democracy: ‘The US couldn’t spell democracy’
- PROOF: Our Supreme Court is illegitimate and sadly was placed there by rogue small-state Senators.
- GOP Rep Kinzinger slams GOP Gov Noem: Like invasion of the body snatchers. She was very different.
- Ali Velshi: SCOTUS Reign of Terror. There is no land of the free when freedom is extinguished.
- It cannot survive without a broken America, yet we live with it as we fail to confront it.
- Official swearing-in of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson at the United States Supreme Court
- Liz Cheney: Republican leaders & elected officials made themselves willing hostages to Trump.
- Lawrence O’Donnell ridicules TX Gov. Abbott for his solution to denying rape victims an abortion.
- Historian: This was a president who led a coup d’é·tat, an insurrection against the people of the USA.
- Two young progressives call out the Democratic establishment’s ineptitude as they demand action.
- Fmr. RNC Chair to Dems: Spine up A GOP House/Senate = No filibuster & Abortion ban nationally.
- Katie Porter is right. SCOTUS ruling is an attack on the economy & freedom. Filibuster must end
- AOC destroys Arkansas Governor: Little to no support for life after birth in Arkansas.
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.