Fear is the biggest driving factor to do something or to freeze in place. Voting allows most to do something but external forces can set the wrong path.
I have no fear about Democrats’ ability to win in a landslide in 2020.r
I am cognizant that establishment manipulation for a particular outcome could temper the win. Done more blatantly, it could create a slim loss. What is important for every rank and file Democrat and every progressive activist is to remember that individually they represent a vote and have others who can be made to look for them to do the right thing. We must not respect directives from the top. We must use our progressive moral compass. We know what is right. Most know what is right and if they know they are not alone, real change is possible.
Skyrocketing Private Insurance.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
‘Cutting Social Security Is Murder’: Flood of Public Outrage Greets Trump Proposal to Slash Benefits for Hundreds of Thousands
Calling Trump’s Space Force a Violation of Global Consensus, China Condemns US ‘Weaponization of Outer Space’
“This policy change is abhorrent and absolutely unjustifiable.”
“We all know that the cruelty is the point with this administration, but this sinks to yet another low.”
“This would be a crushing blow to me and my family.”
Those are just a few of the more than 1,700 official comments members of the U.S. public have left on President Donald Trump’s proposed Social Security rule change, which could strip lifesaving disability benefits from hundreds of thousands of people.
The proposal received hardly any media attention when it was first published in the Federal Register in November. But recent reporting on the proposed rule change, as well as outrage from progressive Social Security advocates, sparked a flood of public condemnation and calls for the Trump administration to reverse course.
Backlash against the proposal can be seen in the public comment section for the rule, where self-identified physicians, people with disabilities, social workers, and others have condemned the change as monstrous and potentially deadly. The number of public comments has ballooned in recent days, going from less than 200 to more than 1,700 in a week.
The public comment period ends on January 17, 2020. Comments can be submitted here.
“Cutting Social Security is murder and this immoral administration knows it,” wrote one commenter. “I will fight it every way I can.”
A commenter who identified as Karla Kirchner said Social Security is her “only source of income.”
“If I lose my checks, there will be nothing left to keep me alive,” Kirchner wrote.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are hunters really the biggest conservationists in America?
- What are ski resorts, gear makers, and professional skiers and snowboarders doing to fight global warming?
- Was there an environmentally positive impact from the coronavirus
- David Atwood: My thoughts about the underlying factors leading to January 6.
- The Equality Myth and Personal Respectability Myths
- Thomas Friedman’s recipe for Democrats would be fatal. He does not get it.
- Crooked pastor sentenced to 6yrs in prison. What about the other megachurch crooks?
- Stephanie Ruhle: Her story just made me think about privilege. Sad reality/truth.
- Some companies have funded sedition. So explains CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin on donation stoppage.
- Irresponsible Republican Politicians refuse masks when in lockdown, likely infecting colleagues.
- Katy Tur corners John Bolton: The lies & insurrection are not just Trump but Ted Cruz & others.
- Senator Tester makes it clear he could support Ted Cruz & Josh Hawley’s expulsion from Senate.
- 60 Minutes Republican-appeasing Leslie Stahl creates false equivalence in Nancy Pelosi interview
- Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, & the Sedition Cau; Bomb-throwers from the start.
- Message to Democrats: Help people fast. Advice to Joe Manchin (D-WV), stand down.
- Joe Manchin will do well to support the $2000 stimulus/relief as written lest his daughter’s EpiPen pilfer elevated
- A candid conversation with a white friend who discusses her racial prejudice
- Tiffany Cross nails it: Their American dream was our nightmare. This is as American as apple pie.
- Plouffe on Georgia: Epic political malpractice by Trump & confederacy of dunces cost senate loss.
- Man Photographed At Desk In Nancy Pelosi’s Office Is Arrested : Insurrection At The Capitol: Live Updates : NPR