The impeachment hearings charade is on confirming what everybody knows. But working on poor and middle-class policies cannot be placed on hold.
I understand how important the impeachment hearings are. But how distracting is it from our progressive agenda?
We are reaching the epoch of these impeachment hearings. The problem is that as the sugar high subsides, the question is whether progressives fighting against this president will have the fortitude necessary to fight even harder against all that oppose the progressive agenda from both parties.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Justice Democrats Accuses Buttigieg of Abandoning Medicare for All After Taking ‘Tons of Cash’ From Corporate Interests
Providing a two-year timeline of 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg’s remarks about Medicare for All, progressive advocacy group Justice Democrats on Wednesday accused the South Bend, Indiana mayor of abandoning support for single-payer healthcare in favor of an incremental half-measure after realizing “he could raise tons of cash from corporate executives in the pharmaceutical and insurance industry.”
Waleed Shahid, spokesperson for Justice Democrats, said in a statement that Buttigieg “has no credibility” to criticize fellow 2020 contenders Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for being “evasive” on Medicare for All “given how far his position has shifted over the past two years and how much money he’s been taking from Big Pharma and insurance executives.”
According to a Business Insider analysis published in August, Buttigieg—who is now running on a public option plan called “Medicare for All Who Want It”—has received more campaign cash from the healthcare industry than any other 2020 presidential candidate aside from President Donald Trump.
Shahid suggested Tuesday that industry cash played a role in Buttigieg’s decision to ditch Medicare for All and go on the attack against the popular proposal in campaign ads and the presidential debates.
“Buttigieg was for Medicare for All before he was against it,” said Shahid. “What happened this summer that made him abandon Medicare for All? He realized he was never going to beat Warren and Sanders as a progressive. He got scared of the fight. He realized he could raise tons of cash from corporate executives in the pharmaceutical and insurance industry.”
The Buttigieg campaign pushed back against Justice Democrats’ criticism on Twitter, insisting that the South Bend mayor expressed support for Medicare for All when it was “not synonymous” with the single-payer system proposed by Sanders’ Medicare for All legislation.
Shahid said that is “not true,” pointing to an op-ed Buttigieg wrote in 2004 expressing support for single-payer.
“The meaning [of Medicare for All] hasn’t changed,” said Shahid. “Him cozying up to the industry has.”
As part of a press release Wednesday morning, in an attempt to demonstrate how dramatically the mayor’s position on Medicare for All has shifted, Justice Democrats offered the following timeline of Buttigieg’s healthcare remarks dating back to early 2018:
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Mainstream media reporter tells an inconvenient truth about a 17-yr-old killer & the justice system.
- Big Pharma uses the patent system to rip us off. Example: Insulin costs $6 to make. We pay $300.
- What gun culture looks like- Simple problems solve by shooting & killing in broad daylight
- Panelists inadvertently inferred that our mythical free market is a fraud. Did you hear it?
- Biden slams profiteering oil company corporate thugs using their hostage-taking to push green energy
- Paul Gosar’s brother, Tim Gosar, appeared on Lawrence and completely slammed his character.
- Joy-Ann Reid agrees Quinnipiac Poll is incoherent and gives sound mitigating advice to Democrats
- The real danger of the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict is the consequences to these people.
- Nicolle Wallace slams Christie for his book giving Fox News a pass for lies & conspiracy theories.
- Did you just call the Democrats weenies: Donny Deutsch great advice to Democrats to win 2022
- POLL: AMERICA’s CONFUSED: Love Biden’s policies but would elect Republicans who would repeal them.
- Neoliberal economist Larry Summers supports sacrificing 4% of workers to stave off benign inflation.
- Inflation & Supply Chain problems are failures of private-sector profiteering, not the government
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez destroys House Minority Leader McCarthy for defending Gosar
- Barbados PM Mia Mottley’s admonished rich countries at #COP26 on climate change but missed one fact.
- WOW! Republican Rep. destroys Trump: ENORMOUS POLITICAL LOSER who led us into a ditch, & much more!
- Response to a listener who said racism would go away if Progressives stopped talking about it!
- Host dinged Republican operative: Infrastructure week for 4 years. Trump couldn’t get it done.
- EXACTLY! Democrats, listen up. Here is how you win by playing your own game without fear.
- Liz Cheney: Republicans are willing hostages to Trump and are domestic threats